You are not logged in.

#1 2011-03-31 10:06:07

martin_legion
Website

Removing packages / dependences

Hello!
Newbie question:

I'm trying to install the proprietary driver from ATI, and I need to uninstall libgl to fix some comflicts.
Is there a way to remove libgl without removing it's dependencies or I need to uninstall everything?
I mean... do I have to uninstall libreoffice??
If I have no choice but to remove everything, is there an automated way of doing it other tan removing one by one each package and its dependencies?
(I also have yaourt installed)

# pacman -R libgl
comprobando dependencias...
error: error al preparar la transacción (no se pudieron satisfacer las dependencias)
:: ati-dri: necesita libgl=7.10.1
:: compiz-core: necesita libgl
:: gnome-screensaver: necesita libgl
:: libreoffice: necesita libgl
:: mesa: necesita libgl
:: xorg-xdriinfo: necesita libgl

Thanks!

Arch Linux: CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

#2 2011-03-31 10:08:47

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: Removing packages / dependences

man pacman

Look for the word 'dependency'

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#3 2011-03-31 10:09:05

JackH79
Website

You can use

# pacman -Rdd libgl

, which will disregard any dependency checks.

But be careful to keep track of what you're doing. Dependencies are there for a reason ;-)

#4 2011-03-31 10:27:51

I'mGeorge

yeah I had a similar problem when I was trying to install Catalyst. To be sincere you should delete all the dependencies

ati-dri I believe is created when you install the Radeon open source driver, and you don't need  it for Catalyst, actually you should remove it

I don't know about compiz, libreoffice or gnome-screenservers but they should work without libgl, as I have them, except compiz, and they work fine. Anyway you can install them afterwards using AUR packages or forcing the installation so the libgl will be neglected.

you can remove mesa and xdrinfo safely as they are not mandatory for catalyst

Last edited by I'mGeorge (2011-03-31 10:33:22)

I've first installed Arch in March

Board footer