You are not logged in.

#1 2011-03-28 02:22:40

msx
Website

[KDE] Can't set a (networkmanager) connection as default connection

Hi everyone,

Recently I started using OpenDNS service and although I already created a new connection with their DNSs I can't make it the default system connection: if I want to use the new connection I expressly need to click it to activate it hmm
This is how looks the connections manager dialog: https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/v … directlink (note the System connection check button is grayed and unclickable).

What I already did:
1. Launched $ kdesu systemsettings in hope to be able to set the connection as a system one but the the check button remains grayed.
2. Check the wiki for enlightenment: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Ne … nager#KDE4.
3. Search the forum for similar cases: I found nothing related to my issue.

Any idea? I didn't try yet to switch to wicd-kde or networkmanager or even GNOME's network-manager-applet because I really would like to keep kdeplasma-applets-networkmanagement for system consistency.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by msx (2011-03-28 02:30:48)

Enjoying i3wm w/ lifebar + j4-dmenu-desktop + tab_windows / fish shell / Emacs / tmux / Konsole / KDE apps
Arch + Linux-libre kernel: ParabolaGNULinux.org

#2 2011-03-28 08:04:17

Xabre

Re: [KDE] Can't set a (networkmanager) connection as default connection

Have you looked at /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/ ?
KDE applet for networkmanager will always give priority to those settings, in my expirience at least.

So what I did was removing any connection from there (like "Auto eth0" or similar), an then created connection manuallly with my own settings.

I don't know if it's the right thing to do, but did the trick for me.

#3 2011-04-02 12:05:21

msx
Website

Re: [KDE] Can't set a (networkmanager) connection as default connection

Hi Xabre,
I actually managed to make the pladmoid work but I save your info for later reference.
Thank you!!

Enjoying i3wm w/ lifebar + j4-dmenu-desktop + tab_windows / fish shell / Emacs / tmux / Konsole / KDE apps
Arch + Linux-libre kernel: ParabolaGNULinux.org

Board footer