You are not logged in.

#1 2011-04-01 12:57:16

process91

[SOLVED] - Libre/OpenOffice NFS locking

I have an Ubuntu Server 10.04 NFS server setup, and an Arch client. I setup up NFS according to the Wiki, and my rc.conf daemons entry looks like

DAEMONS=(.... rpcbind nfs-common ....)

I have an NFS share in fstab:

192.168.1.6:/shares /shares nfs defaults 0 0

The user id and group id numbers are the same on both machines. The share does get mounted properly, however if I try to open/save any document onto the share drive using any LibreOffice product I get errors. When opening an existing document, I get

Document file 'Blah.doc' is locked for editing by:

Unknown User

Open document read-only or open a copy of the document for editing.

If I try to save a document to the /shares directory, I either get an error message (which I can't reproduce, but I remember it said something about "error during shared access") or the program freezes completely until I kill it.

I have already tried restarting nfs-common and rpcbind, unmounting/remounting the NFS share, and restarting both the client and the server. In addition, it seems that the problem is intermittent. In attempting to reproduce the error it suddenly began working again without any intervention from me, but this has happened before so I know it will eventually produce the same error again.

Last edited by process91 (2011-04-02 15:38:09)

#2 2011-04-01 19:38:18

AndyRTR
Developer

Re: [SOLVED] - Libre/OpenOffice NFS locking

See our wiki hints https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Li … NFS_shares - and you can move to NFSv4 where this won't happen. It's a long standing bug in the OpenOffice code.

#3 2011-04-02 15:37:33

process91

Re: [SOLVED] - Libre/OpenOffice NFS locking

That worked, thanks for pointing that out.

Board footer