You are not logged in.

#1 2011-04-03 18:32:06

trusktr
Banned
Website

Case-insensitivity with NTFS drives in your file browser.

Thanks guys. Sorry it didn't occur to me to check the man pages!

So if I guess correctly, I have to use the "windows_names" option when mounting an NTFS hard drive, right?
If that is true, then I guess I have to figure out where to modify my file browser (nautilus-elementary in Gnome) so that it uses this extra parameter when I mount an NTFS disk through the file browser's GUI.
Any idea where to do that?

I'm also trying to figure out exactly how to make Windows 7 case-sensitive when it reads/writes to the C drive or any other NTFS drive. If I can get that working, I think I'd rather do that than use the "windows_names" option with ntfs-3g. I started a question on superuser.com about how to make this modification to Windows.

joe@trusktr.io - joe at true skater dot io.

#2 2011-04-03 22:38:35

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: Case-insensitivity with NTFS drives in your file browser.

You have been warned repeatedly to SEARCH before posting. Don't expect others to do elementary work for you.

You will be banned if you repeat this sort of behaviour. Please help keep the forums neat and not spammy.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Board footer