You are not logged in.

#1 2011-04-08 17:11:11

Dandapani

Openbox/LXDE C-A-Up unbinding

Hello.  I'm running LXDE w/Openbox on Fedora 14 (64 bit). 

I use Eclipse IDE and there is a handy binding that I use when I'm running Eclipse on Windows that doesn't work under Openbox.  Ctrl-Alt-Up causes a line to be duplicated. 

I've tried everything to have this key sequenced passed to Eclipse under Openbox, but it seems Openbox is taking it. 

I've tried commenting out all the C-A-Up settings in rc.xml, but that doesn't seem to work. 

How to configure Openbox (or whomever) to pass the sequence on to the application?

Rgds,

Dan

#2 2011-04-08 17:21:41

BurntSushi
Website

Re: Openbox/LXDE C-A-Up unbinding

Could you post your rc.xml?

The only other thing I can think of is perhaps some other application is gobbling up the C-A-Up key binding. Otherwise, perhaps try a different WM and see  if you can replicate the behavior?

Education is favorable to liberty. Freedom can exist only in a society of knowledge. Without learning, men are incapable of knowing their rights, and where learning is confined to a few people, liberty can be neither equal nor universal.

Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

#3 2011-04-08 17:30:14

Dandapani

Thanks.  I found there was a local rc.xml called lxde-rc.xml which I didn't find in the first place.  I made the same changes there and now the binding is working.

#4 2011-04-08 21:04:11

ewaller
Administrator

Closed [ewaller]  I am glad the problem was resolved, but the solution may not be applicable to an Arch installation (The OP stated it was a Fedora install).

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

Board footer