You are not logged in.

#1 2011-04-08 10:52:00

Mmactyre

[Solved] Ignoring AUR Files?

I recently installed the Liquix kernel from the AUR, and I would like for the AUR helper clients that I use, yaourt and packer, to ignore upgrading that kernel. Do these programs use the ignorepkg option in pacman.conf to ignore upgrading named packages from the AUR? Or is there anyway to force the AUR helper programs to ignore certain packages?

Thanks

Last edited by Mmactyre (2011-04-09 04:21:52)

#2 2011-04-08 11:03:33

Awebb

Re: [Solved] Ignoring AUR Files?

See man yaourt and have a look at the /etc/yaourtrc. Is there any trace of an ignoring capability? If not, it's handled by pacman.

#3 2011-04-08 13:54:19

karol
Archivist

Have you tried

[karol@black ~]$ grep -i ignore /etc/pacman.conf
# Pacman won't upgrade packages listed in IgnorePkg and members of IgnoreGroup
IgnorePkg    = kernel26
#IgnoreGroup =

#4 2011-04-08 14:02:22

Mmactyre

Awebb wrote:

See man yaourt and have a look at the /etc/yaourtrc. Is there any trace of an ignoring capability? If not, it's handled by pacman.

Yes, I went through the yaourt man pages and yaourtrc. No mention of skipping packages for updates.

Thanks for the help,

#5 2011-04-08 14:13:40

Mmactyre

karol wrote:

Have you tried

IgnorePkg    = kernel26
#IgnoreGroup =

In pacman.conf, I have set the option to ignore the kernel26-lqx package when updating from pacman. I was concerned that yaourt would not ignore the named package until it called pacman at the end of the install.

In the face of any other evidence, I will rely on Awebb's advice that these AUR helpers will use the pacman.conf to entirely ignore upgrading those named packages.

#6 2011-04-08 14:50:57

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Mmactyre wrote:
karol wrote:

Have you tried

IgnorePkg    = kernel26
#IgnoreGroup =

In pacman.conf, I have set the option to ignore the kernel26-lqx package when updating from pacman. I was concerned that yaourt would not ignore the named package until it called pacman at the end of the install.

In the face of any other evidence, I will rely on Awebb's advice that these AUR helpers will use the pacman.conf to entirely ignore upgrading those named packages.

That is specific to a particular AUR helper, they do not all operate the same way. bauerbill (used to) supports pacman.conf, not sure about the rest.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#7 2011-04-08 14:54:58

SanskritFritz
Website

Clyde does honor that setting, but it has to be defined in /etc/clyde.conf. Including pacman.conf works also.

zʇıɹɟʇıɹʞsuɐs AUR || Cycling in Budapest with a helmet camera || Revised log levels proposal: "FYI" "WTF" and "OMG" (John Barnette)

#8 2011-04-09 04:21:05

Mmactyre

SanskritFritz wrote:

Clyde does honor that setting, but it has to be defined in /etc/clyde.conf. Including pacman.conf works also.

Thanks SanskirtFritz. Clyde is the right solution for my question.

#9 2011-04-09 10:09:46

Awebb

You can also have a different set of ignored packages in clyde than in pacman. Im sure there somebody out there using this feature :-D

Board footer