You are not logged in.

#1 2003-10-29 04:12:05

sud_crow
Website

Gaim freezing over.

Ive been having these issue with it since i used Licq, i dont understand whats going on, i even reinstalled it, and updated it just a couple of days ago when the new version with MSN support was recompiled.

The thing is this, i start it, and sometimes inmmediatly it just freezes, other y have time to write a couple of lines to some ppl, and then boom! blank window.

this reminds me of windows and ICQ...jeje   :?

Any way, does anyone know whats going on??

Leonardo Andrés Gallego
www.archlinux-es.org || Comunidad Hispana de Arch Linux

#2 2003-11-05 04:22:27

sud_crow
Website

Re: Gaim freezing over.

Ok, now im tyred!!!

i ve reinstalled it hundred of times, i even uninstalled it, and installed the new 0.72 and im still getting frozen!

whats going on!!??

Leonardo Andrés Gallego

#3 2003-11-05 04:40:29

contrasutra

Same issue here.

It's been doing this since 0.60CVS.

and it sucks. Sorry, no solution.

"Contrary to popular belief, penguins are not the salvation of modern technology.  Neither do they throw parties for the urban proletariat."

#4 2003-11-05 04:54:03

sud_crow
Website

I dont think it has no solution, several ppl is using it and they dont have those kind of issues!! so, something must be wrong here...

i think it has something to do with NSS and NSPR, the two packages required before the 0.71 was rebuilt...

Leonardo Andrés Gallego

#5 2003-11-05 08:06:07

sarah31
Website

it doesn't freeze for me but yahoo is always being dropped as is msn on occasion. sound worked in 0.71 but is broken (again) in 0.72.

so what am i getting at? after using gaim for a few years and over a few distros and being exposed to serious bugs throught that time i have come to blame gaim developers and not the packagers for distros. plain and simple gaim sucks but it is the only client i use right now because it has a functioning msn protocol.

AKA uknowme

I am not your friend

#6 2003-11-05 09:40:12

phrakture
Arch Overlord
Website

cheers to that sarah

#7 2003-11-05 20:06:31

whatah

"Don't you ever say an unkind word about gaim, me and lunchbox over here based our lives on it" - obligatory J&SB quote.
I have been using gaim since .59 and in all seriousness, there really are not that many bugs except for the .62 and .63  fiasco. Gaim has not crashed recently on me, the only time it crashes is when someone makes a Direct IM to me and tries sending a file as an image. If it is crashing for you, first check to see if you have any plugins in your directories, sometimes a bad plugin will crash gaim. Or if you had a plugin and then deleted it and didn't unload it, gaim might crash while looking for that plugin, so check out the gaim configuration files. If none of those work, i guess you can go to #gaim and ask for MSN support (j/k). Do a backtrace and ask one of the developers if they can help you out with it.

Natan

Board footer