You are not logged in.

#1 2011-04-09 17:59:15

print

zsh completion for cmus-remote stopped working after recent upgrade

% cmus-remote<TAB>

used to complete for directories and files.  Wondering if anyone else can confirm, and if perhaps it's related to this:

https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/23322

% whereis whatis whence which whoami whois who

#2 2011-04-09 19:42:23

dolby

Re: zsh completion for cmus-remote stopped working after recent upgrade

It works fine here. How exactly did you have completion before? Did you manually copy the Zsh completion file from the cmus sources? It wasnt part of Arch until recently. I requested to be added in FS#23027. If you didnt maybe your problem is that you had no completion before?

If its not anything of the above, then the only other recent change in Zsh and cmus that im aware of is FS#23262

Last edited by dolby (2011-04-09 19:43:21)

There shouldn't be any reason to learn more editor types than emacs or vi -- mg (1)
[You learn that sarcasm does not often work well in international forums.  That is why we avoid it. -- ewaller (arch linux forum moderator)

#3 2011-04-09 20:48:36

print

Re: zsh completion for cmus-remote stopped working after recent upgrade

The addition of the zsh completion script is definitely the culprit, thanks @dolby.  Here's a subtle one for you:

The default argument to cmus-remote is -P.  Thus, the following are equivalent, but they now have different zsh completion semantics:

% cmus-remote blah.mp3
% cmus-remote -P blah.mp3

That is, -P <TAB> does what cmus-remote <TAB> used to do, in terms of zsh completion behavior.  This could be viewed as a bug, because the choice of what to do upon cmus-remote<TAB> is arbitrary (i.e., show the list of all completions, or complete to the default action?).  But it wouldn't really make sense to do the latter, because showing the list of arguments is the whole purpose of the completion script.

In any case, the following fixes it for me, and as I previously had cr aliased to cmus-remote, I don't lose any muscle memory:

alias cr="cmus-remote -P"

% whereis whatis whence which whoami whois who

Board footer