You are not logged in.

#1 2011-04-08 16:46:01

oalicein

Fixed width Openbox menu?

Is there a way to make the Openbox menu fixed width? Or perhaps a minimum width?

For example, if my "Multimedia" menu only has VLC in it, it will only be as wide as VLC instead of the root-menu width. I want all of my menus to have a standardized width. Just because I'm anal.

#2 2011-04-08 17:23:20

BurntSushi
Website

Re: Fixed width Openbox menu?

I don't this can be done properly without hacking Openbox. It ought to be relatively easy---if I get a free moment this weekend I'll take a look.

Otherwise, you could always pad an entry with spaces. I think that will work.

Education is favorable to liberty. Freedom can exist only in a society of knowledge. Without learning, men are incapable of knowing their rights, and where learning is confined to a few people, liberty can be neither equal nor universal.

Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

#3 2011-04-08 22:17:40

oalicein

Thank you very much.

I guess more generally I want to know how customizable the Openbox menu is. For instance, is it possible to add icons or change the spacing between lines to emulate the look of GNOME's menu? (Thought I am not sure I would actually want to do that. I'm just curious.)

If I were to go about toying with the menu myself, would I just make a backup of my "menu.xml" and then go exploring?

#4 2011-04-10 09:12:38

spookyln

Support for icons in Openbox menu is in Imlib2
git branch i think.
not 100% sure.

Yes. icons for menus is supported in git.
Just add icon="path to icon" to menu.xml in <item> section.
Such as <item label="calc" icon="icons/calc.png"> thats all.

Last edited by spookyln (2011-04-10 09:54:59)

Board footer