You are not logged in.

#1 2011-04-11 15:57:10

build

Guidance needed for how to animate on linux

Hello,

For some rather long time I have been trying to figure out how I can make an animation in Linux and doing so through material obtained with a framegrabbing device. Captured from a camera of course. But how longer I try to find software and howto's the more I find myself lost. At this point Im about to resort to Windows because then I can be busy in doing stuff this same day.
Perhaps Im seeing things more difficult than they are, but I could use some help in how to
-setup my camera to work
-get some sort of framegrabbing software
-make an avi out of the pictures
-editing software

Sorry if the answer is very obvious, but I find myself being very irritated for not finding a way or by using unstable editing software etc etc smile If anyone has some howto to point to you, you are welcome in sharing.

Thanks.

#2 2011-04-11 16:24:16

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: Guidance needed for how to animate on linux

You haven't even mentioned what you have tried/used before. FWIW ffmpeg settles the first 3, and cinelerra the fourth. Video isn't exactly mature on Linux but there's still plenty of choice.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Board footer