You are not logged in.

#1 2011-04-15 16:04:55

gabm

External Monitor with DisplayPort on X201 not working

Hi,
i've tried to switch to Arch Linux because of its Rolling Release System. The only problem, which prevents me from completely switching is the following:

If i boot my Laptop in Docking Station, everything works until gdm login. After gdm login, the screen tries to activate my external Monitor, which is connected over DisplayPort. My External Monitor wakes up (green led goes on) and then is goes to sleep. From this Point, no Output shows an image... The Laptop is running, and with Alt-F2 and "xrandr --output LVDS1 --auto" i can recover and bring back my Laptop screen...

The Same Problem happens in Ubuntu with Kernel 2.6.38, so maybe its kernel related?!

I've tried to search the internet, ubuntu and arch forums, but i didnt find a solution..

Where should i start to resolve the problem?

Thanks!

#2 2011-04-18 13:01:35

hongy19
Website

Re: External Monitor with DisplayPort on X201 not working

would you try this command and put the output here?
xrandr

#3 2011-05-18 14:19:05

sml

update please?

#4 2011-05-18 16:32:03

BurntSushi
Website

I think we need more details. Namely, the output of `xrandr`. Also, what graphics card is being used and which driver is being used? Finally, is this native DisplayPort or is an adapter being used?

Education is favorable to liberty. Freedom can exist only in a society of knowledge. Without learning, men are incapable of knowing their rights, and where learning is confined to a few people, liberty can be neither equal nor universal.

Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Board footer