You are not logged in.

#1 2011-04-19 01:15:37

swiftdemise

[SOLVED] Gnome3 + Pulseaudio?

Hey guys,
I've been trying for days to get pulseaudio to work in Gnome3... It doesn't seem to recognize my soundcard. When I run pacman -S gnomemedia-pulse, it asks if I want to replace testing/gnome-media with gnome-media-pulse and testing/gnome-settings-daemon with gnome-settings-daemon-pulse, which are obviously out of date. If I replace it, then booting into Gnome3 gives me a black screen.

If I ignore those 2 packages, I can boot into Gnome3 perfectly, sound just doesn't work sad

I've got an ASUS Xonar DX. Maybe it's not compatible?

Thanks!

Update:
Woohoo! Guess it wasn't a Gnome3 problem.
sudo modprobe snd-virtuoso got it working.

Last edited by swiftdemise (2011-04-19 01:51:25)

#2 2011-04-19 01:25:19

GogglesGuy
Website

Re: [SOLVED] Gnome3 + Pulseaudio?

swiftdemise wrote:

Hey guys,
I've been trying for days to get pulseaudio to work in Gnome3... It doesn't seem to recognize my soundcard. When I run pacman -S gnomemedia-pulse, it asks if I want to replace testing/gnome-media with gnome-media-pulse and testing/gnome-settings-daemon with gnome-settings-daemon-pulse, which are obviously out of date. If I replace it, then booting into Gnome3 gives me a black screen.

If I ignore those 2 packages, I can boot into Gnome3 perfectly, sound just doesn't work sad

I've got an ASUS Xonar DX. Maybe it's not compatible?

Thanks!

Uhm... you don't need gnome-media-pulse (which is in extra).  Just gnome-media from testing.

#3 2011-04-19 01:32:48

swiftdemise

Re: [SOLVED] Gnome3 + Pulseaudio?

Thanks for the quick reply.

I removed gnome-media-pulse and have gnome-media installed and running. When I go to System>Sound Settings>Hardware, there are no devices listed...

Board footer