You are not logged in.

#1 2011-04-22 11:02:54

Revelation60
Website

Android storage device not detected before doing fdisk -l /dev/sdf

I am having some problem with the mass storage option of my android phone. If I plug it in with the mass storage mode activated, the device is not found in fdisk -l, nor is it automounted by my udev rules. When I check dmesg I see that the device is indeed found by the kernel and is identified as a mass storage device. From the dmesg log I find the device name, mostly /dev/sdf. So when I do fdisk -l /dev/sdf all of a sudden the device is found and the volume is automatically mounted by my udev rule.

I find it very inconvenient to go through my logs and do fdisk to make the device visible. Has anyone got an idea how to fix this?

#2 2011-04-22 23:43:11

lagagnon
Website

Re: Android storage device not detected before doing fdisk -l /dev/sdf

I have exactly the same problem with my Sony mp3 player and have yet to figure the problem out. I will be interested to follow this thread as I posted my problem about 3 months ago without a resolution.

Philosophy is looking for a black cat in a dark room. Metaphysics is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there. Religion is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there and shouting "I found it!". Science is looking for a black cat in a dark room with a flashlight.

#3 2011-04-23 00:25:18

tomk
Forum Fellow

Re: Android storage device not detected before doing fdisk -l /dev/sdf

Try udiskie instead of udev rules. I was using udev for all my devices, including my previous Nokia phone, but when I switched to Android I had issues like yours. I tried udiskie instead, and it worked perfectly.

Board footer