You are not logged in.

#1 2011-04-06 12:50:41

kishd

kde 4.6 lauch feedback delaying application launch

Recently I noticed that starting an app by opening a document etc in dolphin was taking ages to launch. I deleted .kde4 and /var/lib/...tmp etc and all was well again for a short time when the problem started again. Sometimes an error message appeared that klauncher is not running anymore or the app failed to launch and soon after the app would load.

I then set launch feedback in system settings to 0 for both the curser and the panel and voila all apps load again virtually instantly.

Is this a bug or the expected behaviour of "launch feedback" i.e that the lauch feedback delays the lauching of an app for the set time?

---for there is nothing either good or bad, but only thinking makes it so....
Hamlet, W Shakespeare

#2 2011-04-06 13:06:18

gnumdk

Re: kde 4.6 lauch feedback delaying application launch

It's a bug no happening here... But it's a bug.

#3 2011-04-22 17:52:07

doc.horn

Just found this thread as I was searching for a solution for my "Either KLauncher is not running anymore, or it failed to start the application"-Problem you mentioned. As it is only bagging me to click those damn window away, the unavailability of logging out of KDE4 after seeing this message drives me crazy. I will check, if the problems occurs any more after this little "hack" and will report back... if anybody is interested smile

#4 2011-04-23 08:31:23

doc.horn

Apparantly not. No solution for my problem sad

Board footer