You are not logged in.

#1 2011-04-28 03:23:51

RiceKills

fastest virtualization solution?

Hey guys, Im pretty new to whole virtualization thing. I have been using virtual box for sometime now but I was wondering if there was something faster. I know that kvm and qemu are much faster than virtual box for reasons I don't really understand and I was wondering what was the fastest virtualization solution out there. From what I understand xen is the fastest one but requires guest modification. How does that work? how does this compare to kvm? Whats the second fastest after xen?

#2 2011-04-28 03:58:04

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: fastest virtualization solution?

Google is your friend. There's tons of comparisons between virtualization methods. I'd suggest starting with the features comparison (wikipedia has one I believe).

Once you've done your initial search then you will be able to ask a better, less general question. Till then, I'll close this thread.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#3 2011-04-28 12:13:19

karol
Archivist

Re: fastest virtualization solution?

I will just add that you also want to read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardware-a … ualization and understand what paravirtualization is.

Board footer