You are not logged in.

#1 2011-05-01 13:00:52

ilikepie

Wacom troubles: the buttons on the tablet act funny

Hi,

I use a Wacom Graphire 4 that has two buttons and a scroll wheel on the pad itself.
I remember being able to use it perfectly a year back.  Now I want to use it again.

First I had to use xf86-input-wacom-git from AUR because the current default driver (xf86-input-wacom 0.10.9-1) yields jerky stylus movement.

All I want to do is configure the tablet so that this would happen in the Gimp:
- pressing the left button should trigger an undo
- pressing the right button should trigger a redo
- scrolling the wheel would zoom in and out

Last year, I used to use xsetwacom to set the buttons on the pad to simulate Ctrl+Z and Ctrl+Y, and the scroll wheel to "+" and "-" (because I haven't found any other way to make it work in the Gimp).

So here is my script updated for today's xsetwacom syntax.  For some weird reason unbeknownst to me, the script has to be run twice for the settings to be set 'correctly' (if I don't run it twice, the settings for the pad buttons and scroll wheel get mixed up):

xsetwacom set "Wacom Graphire4 6x8 stylus" mode "Absolute"
xsetwacom set "Wacom Graphire4 6x8 stylus" Button 2 "button 2"
xsetwacom set "Wacom Graphire4 6x8 stylus" Button 3 "button 3"
xsetwacom set "Wacom Graphire4 6x8 pad" RelWheelDown "key shift plus"
xsetwacom set "Wacom Graphire4 6x8 pad" RelWheelUp "key minus"
xsetwacom set "Wacom Graphire4 6x8 pad" Button 1 "key ctrl z"
xsetwacom set "Wacom Graphire4 6x8 pad" Button 2 "key ctrl y"

But then, as I do some moderate undoing in the Gimp, the tool switches to the color picker and I can't do anything.  If I press P on the keyboard to go back to the paintbrush, the print dialog pops up, as if the control key was stuck.

I have noticed that, if I don't run the script, the pad's button #1 acts as a normal left mouse button.  When I use the Gimp this way, if I press the pad's button 1 while holding my stylus close to the tablet, it registers as a "click-and-hold", even though I have depressed the button and I'm not even pressing the stylus against the tablet.  The "click and hold" stays until I press the pad button again.  Of course, the expected behavior is that the click stops being held as soon as I depress the pad button!

BUT, the normal behavior happens when the stylus is not held close to the tablet!

This is very frustrating, I don't know what's going on.  For now I have to use Windows to use the GIMP.

Did anyone get their tablets working?
Thanks for your time.

Last edited by ilikepie (2011-05-01 13:01:32)

Board footer