You are not logged in.

#1 2011-04-29 20:08:00

manolomartinez
Website

"Waiting for UDev events..." freeze

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to install Arch from an USB, and the booting process freezes at the line "Waiting for UDev uevents to be processed [BUSY]". I've seen a similar problem at the forum, but the solution was only feasible for an installed system, not during installation. Has anyone encountered this problem, or has some advise?

Thanks a lot,
Manolo

#2 2011-05-01 08:35:43

nperry

Re: "Waiting for UDev events..." freeze

manolomartinez wrote:

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to install Arch from an USB, and the booting process freezes at the line "Waiting for UDev uevents to be processed [BUSY]". I've seen a similar problem at the forum, but the solution was only feasible for an installed system, not during installation. Has anyone encountered this problem, or has some advise?

Thanks a lot,
Manolo

I've only seen this on an installed system, when there is a typo in a udev rule.

Could be a bad download?

What have you got plugged in?

#3 2011-05-01 11:15:42

manolomartinez
Website

Hi, thanks for your reply. I only have an USB mouse plugged in (and the USB drive with the Arch iso.) Hm. I'll try redownloading the iso, and baking a CD just in case.

Manolo

#4 2011-05-01 13:11:17

tips
Website

I'm havng a similar issue that started a week ago or so, speculating it was the lates kernel update. When I start up my system, it hangs and only procceeds if I press a key(any key ex: ALT, c, w...etc) then it continues. Same thing with shutdown. While its shutting down and displaying its term signal commands it hangs and doesnt continue unless I press something, sometimes, I even have to hold it. It never becomes unresponsive atleast, but its like its waiting for my input.

#5 2011-05-02 03:02:06

zertyz
Website

manolomartinez, which version are you attempting to install?

If using the 2010.05 version, you can try the archboot 2011.02 and vice-versa.

[]'s
Luiz

Board footer