You are not logged in.

#1 2011-05-02 20:23:52

mzanetti

Yet another suspend thread

Hi everyone,

I'm running Archlinux on a number of computers without any problems for a long time but there is one isse that is driving me crazy. I have been searching the webs now for at least a year, tried every available configuration and even tried a reinstall (which usually really isn't my way of solving things) but to no avail. Now I'm asking you to help me solving this one:

I'm using a MacBook Pro (Santa Rosa) with KDE on it. Whenever I leave home I close the laptop lid to put the Laptop to sleep. This works, but in 90% of all cases the laptop resumes immediately after suspending. After this failed first suspend I have a 99% chance that the second suspend goes well. Anyways, I just cant stand the fact that I have to close and open the laptop twice to get it to suspend most of the times.

I have already blamed about every deamon running on the machine and disabled it for testing, but I have never been able to reliably find the culprit. Note that gathering informations about this issue is extremely hard because it
a) does not happen every time
b) once it happened, it does not happen again for a random period of time (seems like working with the laptop for about one hour triggers it again)

It seems that suspending manually (through pm-suspend, s2ram, solid-powermanagement) triggers the issue less often than just closing the laptops lid. But it happens with both methods.

All other threads I could find on the net describe either suspend not working at all, or the laptop not resuming any more after suspend. All informations I could find about the immediate resume stuff are somehow unsolved or speculative.

So my questions are:
- Anyone knows about this issue and has additional informations or even a solution to it?
- Is there any way to debug which process/driver/whatever triggers the resume?

Any help is highly appreciated.
Thanks

PS: I also have a Zotac MAG running a mythfrontend. It has the same issue. On this one It doesn't bother me that much because it continiously suspends on its own when unused (and as we know, the second suspend usually succeeds). On the laptop however it is a real issue.

Board footer