You are not logged in.

#1 2011-05-01 15:11:35

solar

An extra "post-install script" (with some extra features included)

Hi. I have been writing a simple bash script which is layered upon a fresh install , which includes installig and configuring:

- rankmirrors , upgrades system yaddi ya, all that stuff (you can choose not to upgrade system but oink).
- ssh (can choose between internet (ALL) or masked (eg. 192. / 192.168. / 192.168.1. )
- new user
- md5 -> sha512 conversion (from wiki)
- X (wm/dm/de) *Note: for now, only open-source drivers. (Also covers installatios in virtualbox/vmware).
- .xinitrc, .bashrc, motd, skel values created
- rc.conf, /etc/hosts.allow , DAEMONS, MODULES; these things automatically adjusted and configured.
- for now have not added virtual box configuration but might do later on.
- virtualbox-OSE
It just makes the post install stuff a bit ismpler and should help you into a basic wm confiugration, that's all.

I wish to do a GUI project however (which starts of of course in CLI then continues when X is launched and would be part of an arch-linux system configuration set).

It is not done and I am moving countries atm, so I am stating it, but it might be a while if I don't finish it very soon.

I also include the options of some mini functions like if you like sopcast and install it through the script, then you just type:

sop copied-link-from-browser into a terminal and vlc will launch your the channel.

Since cower exists, I decided to stop my version of such a script.

IF I manage before I move , which is in a few weeks (I have a lot of other thingd to do before then), then expect it in max. 2 weeks. Else probably in August . By then someone else just did the crap.

toodles

aka -Malina-

Last edited by solar (2011-05-01 20:45:14)

I am hilariously insane. yup. you won't notice though.. I promise...I think.

#2 2011-05-02 22:00:49

solar

Re: An extra "post-install script" (with some extra features included)

ok works with openbox, gnome3, will add kde, compiz, lxde and e17 prolly soonish. no feedback. anyway wiull put it as a tarball here or just one huge terrible shell script tongue and then someone can rather tell me how easily it is to write a simple PKGBUILD file for a bash file tongue

#3 2011-05-03 01:57:38

neurolysis
Website

There's probably no feedback because you've not given any actual code to test wink

#4 2011-05-04 05:28:09

solar

I know neurolysis, the two users who tried it, gave it an all ok.. and did it's job. I posted this but the code will come in a bit. sorry about that smile

Board footer