You are not logged in.

#1 2011-05-09 17:40:22

erkin

Browsers give segfault.

Today all my graphical browsers stopped working. They were all running well yesterday. Firefox/Conkeror/Midori/Seamonkey just say "Parçalanma Arızası" (Segmentation Fault) and stop. And Chromium says "third_party/tcmalloc/chromium/src/tcmalloc.cc:406] Attempt to free invalid pointer: 0x10 İptal edildi" (Canceled). I really don't know why it happens. I looked it up but only found a few old threads without any answers. I tried reinstalling all browsers (including libs and xulrunner), reinstalling fonts and I replaced Flash with Gnash but still nothing. What should I do?

EDIT: Also I must mention that (for some reason) they work well when ran as root.
And according to strace, Firefox is killed by SIGSEGV and Chromium is killed by SIGABRT.

Last edited by erkin (2011-05-09 18:23:14)

#2 2011-05-10 15:12:08

ralvez
Website

Re: Browsers give segfault.

Are you using KDE? Did you just did an upgrade of KDE?
I had a similar problem and it seems to be related to ~/.kde4 where it seems settings do not get updated. I even have a thread about the Pager Settings not updating.

Anyway ... if this is your case deleting ~/.kde4 and logging out and in again solved the problem for me, for both: Chromium and Firefox. Of course you loose your personal settings but it's faster to re-set your settings than it is to find what file is failing to update in ~/.kde4 wink

Hope this helps.

R

Board footer