You are not logged in.

#1 2011-05-12 15:04:45

sirrdatha

[solved] HP 625 - "non-system disk or disk error"

Hi,

I have installed Archlinux on a HP 625 Notebook from USB. Everything went fine, but when I try to boot I get the error message "non-system disk or disk error".
The strange thing is: We have got a pxe-environment here and one of those boot options (among starting various installations etc.) is "boot local system" using the line "COM32 /tools/chain.c32". ... Which does work just as expected!!! Grub comes up and everything is fine. Just not when skipping pxe and trying the local disk directly.
I switched from Grub1 to Grub2 - same.

I have also installed Debian GNU/Linux "Squeeze" which I am going to use as a rescue system. Everything went fine, but that Grub also shows exactly the same behaviour.
The Notebook had been purchased running Suse and there had been Ubuntu installed in the meantime. Grub had been working.

I tried researching whether the notebook is known for such problems but found nothing that seems to match. Checking the BIOS also brought no idea - especially as Ubuntu's Grub had been working until yesterday.

Has anyone encountered something similar and could help me with this?

That would be great.

Sirrdatha

==================

I have found a solution: making this partition bootable. Thanks for everyone who read this.

Last edited by sirrdatha (2011-05-12 18:15:18)

Board footer