You are not logged in.

#1 2011-05-22 04:10:02

XPomJohn

Can't get Epson R390 printer working [ partly solved]

I'm pulling my hair out trying to get my R390 to print. I've spent a couple days trawling the forums and wiki but can't find anything really helpful. I've installed cups, gutenprint, foomatic-db et al.  plus usblp.
I installed the printer via the cups admin page ( Description: R390 Driver: Epson Stylus Photo R390-cups + gutenprint v.5.2.7  Connection: http://localhost:631/ipp.
When I try to print I get a print error message" Problem sending job to the printer"  The Diagnose page message " The queue Epson is not enabled. To enable select enable from checkbox in policies tab for printer" when I do this I get the same set of errors again.
The result of lpstat -p -d  is :- printer Epson disabled since Sat. Destination printer does not exist.

Any suggestions what I should do next. Hopefully not back to ubuntu!

I'm getting somewhere. I changed the connection to usb: /dev/usblp0 however it still doesn't print.  lpstat -p now gives :- Epson is idle. Enabled since Monday. Waiting for printer to become available.
  The error log entry is:- [cups-driverd] Bad driver information file "/usr/share/cups/model/foomatic-db-ppds/Kyocera/ReadMe.htm"!

How do I now get it to use the correct driver. ?

Last edited by XPomJohn (2011-05-23 07:27:26)

Board footer