You are not logged in.

#1 2011-05-23 21:08:10

samsagax

[SOLVED] Netbeans crash on svn checkout: complaining about dbus

Hi there.

I'm using GNOME 3 and Netbeans 7.
I'm trying to checkout (and afterwards commit) an SVN repository hosted on code.google.com. I'm using Netbeans to do that since the repo has netbeans projects hosted.
I go to Team > Subversion > Checkout dialog and fill the url, username and password.
Every time I hit "Next" it automatically crashes.
Running netbeans from a terminal and reproducing the above steps i got the crash and the output complains about an assertion problem:

process 8167: arguments to dbus_message_iter_append_basic() were incorrect, assertion "*bool_p == 0 || *bool_p == 1" failed in file dbus-message.c line 2541.
This is normally a bug in some application using the D-Bus library.
  D-Bus not built with -rdynamic so unable to print a backtrace
/usr/share/netbeans/bin/../platform/lib/nbexec: línea 548:  8167 Abortado                "/opt/java/bin/java" -Djdk.home="/opt/java" -classpath "/usr/share/netbeans/platform/lib/boot.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/platform/lib/org-openide-modules.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/platform/lib/org-openide-util.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/platform/lib/org-openide-util-lookup.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/platform/lib/locale/boot_ja.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/platform/lib/locale/boot_pt_BR.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/platform/lib/locale/boot_ru.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/platform/lib/locale/boot_zh_CN.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/platform/lib/locale/org-openide-modules_ja.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/platform/lib/locale/org-openide-modules_pt_BR.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/platform/lib/locale/org-openide-modules_ru.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/platform/lib/locale/org-openide-modules_zh_CN.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/platform/lib/locale/org-openide-util_ja.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/platform/lib/locale/org-openide-util-lookup_ja.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/platform/lib/locale/org-openide-util-lookup_pt_BR.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/platform/lib/locale/org-openide-util-lookup_ru.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/platform/lib/locale/org-openide-util-lookup_zh_CN.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/platform/lib/locale/org-openide-util_pt_BR.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/platform/lib/locale/org-openide-util_ru.jar:/usr/share/netbeans/platform/lib/locale/org-openide-util_zh_CN.jar:/opt/java/lib/dt.jar:/opt/java/lib/tools.jar" -Dnetbeans.system_http_proxy="DIRECT" -Dnetbeans.system_http_non_proxy_hosts="" -Dnetbeans.dirs="/usr/share/netbeans/nb:/usr/share/netbeans/ergonomics:/usr/share/netbeans/ide:/usr/share/netbeans/java:/usr/share/netbeans/bin/../xml:/usr/share/netbeans/apisupport:/usr/share/netbeans/bin/../webcommon:/usr/share/netbeans/websvccommon:/usr/share/netbeans/enterprise:/usr/share/netbeans/mobility:/usr/share/netbeans/profiler:/usr/share/netbeans/bin/../ruby:/usr/share/netbeans/bin/../python:/usr/share/netbeans/php:/usr/share/netbeans/bin/../visualweb:/usr/share/netbeans/bin/../soa:/usr/share/netbeans/bin/../identity:/usr/share/netbeans/bin/../uml:/usr/share/netbeans/harness:/usr/share/netbeans/cnd:/usr/share/netbeans/dlight:/usr/share/netbeans/groovy:/usr/share/netbeans/bin/../extra:/usr/share/netbeans/bin/../javafx:/usr/share/netbeans/javacard:" -Dnetbeans.home="/usr/share/netbeans/platform" '-Dnetbeans.importclass=org.netbeans.upgrade.AutoUpgrade' '-Dnetbeans.accept_license_class=org.netbeans.license.AcceptLicense' '-Xmx753m' '-client' '-Xss2m' '-Xms32m' '-XX:PermSize=32m' '-XX:MaxPermSize=384m' '-Dapple.laf.useScreenMenuBar=true' '-Dapple.awt.graphics.UseQuartz=true' '-Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true' '-DsvnClientAdapterFactory=commandline' -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -XX:HeapDumpPath="/home/joaquin/.netbeans/7.0/var/log/heapdump.hprof" org.netbeans.Main --userdir "/home/joaquin/.netbeans/7.0" "--branding" "nb" 0<&0

I tried reinstalling, forcing Netbeans to use svn on command line and re-installing both svn and netbeans but nothing worked.
I'm using an https method to access the repo and always got this crash. If I use an http method to access (i can't commit that way) the crash is present most of the times but I could (only once) get pass that screen.
The svn client works on command line and i'm able to checkout and commit that way but is impractical since i lose all the functionality of the versioning IDE. I read somewhere that could be a gnome-keyring related problem but in those cases the output was different (I've tried that fixes too, but guess the result :S)

I'm not "desperate" still i need this working as is important part of my work.

TIA.
PS: I tried to get the backtrace but couldn't with gdb.

Last edited by samsagax (2011-05-27 15:17:46)

#2 2011-05-27 15:17:12

samsagax

Re: [SOLVED] Netbeans crash on svn checkout: complaining about dbus

This was solved adding the following line to /usr/share/netbeans/etc/netbeans.conf

-J-Dnetbeans.keyring.no.native=true

Apparently is an issue with gnome-keyring.

Last edited by samsagax (2011-05-27 15:17:29)

#3 2011-07-01 22:52:12

99Percent

hello I am also trying to use netbeans 7.0 with my freshly installed archlinux box with gnome3

It suddenly closes after I specify a remote connection that requires a password. If I leave the password field empty it doesn't suddenly close so I suspect it is also keyring related.

I tried adding that line as per your suggestion, but it didn't work sad

Any ideas?

#4 2011-07-02 03:14:25

samsagax

It's some kind of GNOME issue right now, I've opened a bug in Netbeans tracker and there I was told to do this workarround.
Maybe your issue is related to gnome-keyring but is not the same as mine. Try the Netbeans forums and there you will have better answers. My knowledge about this ends here, sorry.

Board footer