You are not logged in.

#1 2011-05-22 07:28:13

eMan

Problem with systemtrays in Openbox

Hi there
I have a problem with all system trays in open box
for example I install docker
when I run it I just see a little box on top-left of my monitor
I have digged Google for several times but ever I search more I figure out less sad
in the manual of docker and other system trays said I must run it in dock
But how can I run it under a dock ?
I am a real newbie please help me step by step
And forgive my poor English
Thanks

#2 2011-05-23 03:06:21

pauline123

Re: Problem with systemtrays in Openbox

So are you trying to get docker to work right or another one?  I personally use the panel called tint2.  It works perfectly straight after installation on openbox.  Is this a recent installation?  Have you updated your system for example with

pacman -Syu

with root permissions?  What kind of setup do you have?  Graphics? Are the correct drivers installed?

#3 2011-05-23 03:17:24

thayer
Fellow
Website

Install 'obconf' if you haven't already and then use it to enable/customize the Openbox dock (it's a built-in feature). After that's setup, docker should work fine.

thayer williams ~ cinderwick.ca

#4 2011-05-23 05:39:47

eMan

pauline123 wrote:

So are you trying to get docker to work right or another one?  I personally use the panel called tint2.  It works perfectly straight after installation on openbox.  Is this a recent installation?  Have you updated your system for example with

pacman -Syu

with root permissions?  What kind of setup do you have?  Graphics? Are the correct drivers installed?

Thank you my friend
I have installed tint2 and it works great but I have some problem with some other docks big_smile
about graphic and drivers I have no problem my graphic driver installed from repo (nvidia nvidia-utils ) and work prefect wink

thayer wrote:

Install 'obconf' if you haven't already and then use it to enable/customize the Openbox dock (it's a built-in feature). After that's setup, docker should work fine.

Thank you very much for respond
You are a great guide
I enable it under obconf  and I see it as a little foursquare in my screen
I have 2 questions now
1 : where is the docker configuration file or files ?
2 : can I have an example of configuration file ? or your configuration file ?

Thanks both of you for responds

#5 2011-05-23 09:27:05

thayer
Fellow
Website

eMan wrote:
thayer wrote:

Thank you very much for respond
You are a great guide
I enable it under obconf  and I see it as a little foursquare in my screen
I have 2 questions now
1 : where is the docker configuration file or files ?
2 : can I have an example of configuration file ? or your configuration file ?

Thanks both of you for responds

You're welcome, glad it worked! The homepage for docker may have some info: http://icculus.org/openbox/2/docker/

It has been a long time since I used docker, but I don't think there is a configuration file for it.  I think it just uses the openbox 'dock' preferences; the background, style, etc. is determined by your openbox theme.

If you want something with a bit more configuration, I think stalonetray can 'snap-in' to the Openbox dock too.

Last edited by thayer (2011-05-23 09:28:11)

thayer williams ~ cinderwick.ca

#6 2011-05-24 10:27:19

eMan

thayer wrote:

You're welcome, glad it worked! The homepage for docker may have some info: http://icculus.org/openbox/2/docker/

It has been a long time since I used docker, but I don't think there is a configuration file for it.  I think it just uses the openbox 'dock' preferences; the background, style, etc. is determined by your openbox theme.

If you want something with a bit more configuration, I think stalonetray can 'snap-in' to the Openbox dock too.

Thank you so much again smile
I will try to install stalonetray
I hope I like it smile

Board footer