You are not logged in.

#1 2011-05-27 23:27:44

rufflove

Compiz 0.9.4 packages uploaded.

Hi,

I decided to upload some alternative packages for Compiz 0.9.x as the existing packages have not been updated from 0.9.2. These alternatives install as per the stable release and are intended to replace it. Ubuntu uses 0.9.4 so hey, why not wink I have also provided a package for GConf backend, primarily because it allows gtk-window-decorator to use metacity/gtk2+ themes (why use Emerald when Compiz has its own decorator?). Please install metacity before installing compiz-core, if you wish to enable this functionality.

Finally each plugin in the core and plugin packages can be selective disabled via the parameters provided in the PKGBUILDs. Please be aware that a few plugins are dependent on others; you may need to experiment a little.

Unity doesn't mean Compiz is history as lightweight WM. Why not give the packages a try instead of using the deprecated Compiz++? These are my first package builds - I'm a newbie - so any contributions are more than welcome!

--> The packages

Last edited by rufflove (2011-05-27 23:30:15)

"Its too big and too slow"

#2 2011-05-28 00:08:28

sand_man

Re: Compiz 0.9.4 packages uploaded.

Thanks. I think I will give them a go.

neutral

#3 2011-05-28 00:16:54

wonder
Developer
Website

lets do a search for compiz in aur and notice the duplicate entries. Instead of asking for orphan you decided to upload duplicate builds.

In my opinion your builds schema naming are much better than package-++(which is actually git), package-09 etc. Can you at least ask for deletion to clean up the mess from aur?

Give what you have. To someone, it may be better than you dare to think.

#4 2011-05-28 00:25:13

sand_man

everything build ok except compiz-plugins-extra-dev

[ 96%] Building CXX object animationaddon/CMakeFiles/animationaddon.dir/src/particle.cpp.o
[ 97%] Building CXX object animationaddon/CMakeFiles/animationaddon.dir/src/beamup.cpp.o
[ 97%] Building CXX object animationaddon/CMakeFiles/animationaddon.dir/src/animationaddon.cpp.o
[ 98%] Building CXX object animationaddon/CMakeFiles/animationaddon.dir/src/glide3.cpp.o
/home/ty/Build/compiz-plugins-extra-dev/src/plugins-extra/group/src/tab.cpp: In member function ‘void GroupTabBar::unhookTabBarSlot(GroupTabBarSlot*, bool)’:
/home/ty/Build/compiz-plugins-extra-dev/src/plugins-extra/group/src/tab.cpp:2444:5: warning: ‘tempSlot’ may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wuninitialized]
[ 98%] Building CXX object animationaddon/CMakeFiles/animationaddon.dir/src/airplane.cpp.o
[ 99%] Building CXX object animationaddon/CMakeFiles/animationaddon.dir/__/generated/animationaddon_options.cpp.o
Linking CXX shared library libgroup.so
[ 99%] Built target group
In file included from /usr/include/compiz/animation/animation.h:70:0,
                 from /home/ty/Build/compiz-plugins-extra-dev/src/plugins-extra/animationaddon/src/private.h:12,
                 from /home/ty/Build/compiz-plugins-extra-dev/src/plugins-extra/animationaddon/src/animationaddon.cpp:81:
/usr/include/compiz/animation/multi.h: In member function ‘bool MultiAnim<SingleAnim, num>::moveUpdate(int, int) [with SingleAnim = DissolveSingleAnim, int num = 5]’:
/usr/include/compiz/animation/multi.h:303:13: warning: ‘update’ may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wuninitialized]
/usr/include/compiz/animation/multi.h: In member function ‘bool MultiAnim<SingleAnim, num>::resizeUpdate(int, int, int, int) [with SingleAnim = DissolveSingleAnim, int num = 5]’:
/usr/include/compiz/animation/multi.h:318:13: warning: ‘update’ may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wuninitialized]
Linking CXX shared library libanimationaddon.so
[ 99%] Built target animationaddon
make: *** [all] Error 2
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
    Aborting...

ty@donna ~/Build/compiz-plugins-extra-dev
> 

neutral

#5 2011-05-28 01:35:27

rufflove

Odd. The animation addon compiled ok here. I'll take a look at it tomorrow.

Yep, I'll request a delete once I'm confident that this collection is working out for people...

#6 2011-05-28 23:52:26

rufflove

I couldn't replicate the problem. I'm guessing you've disabled some plugins, given that the scalefilter is the last to compile on a full build...

However, I did find that after a pacman -Syu, the notification plugin won't compile with recent versions of libnotify, so I've disabled it in the PKGBUILD.

Last edited by rufflove (2011-05-28 23:53:07)

Board footer