You are not logged in.

#1 2011-05-28 07:42:16

zoryfl

udev fails on boot, usb error on wake-up

Hi folks,
after my last kernel update, I am experiencing some problems which are really bugging me:
- when booting my laptop udev often (but not always) fails to load. Unfortunately I didn't find any hint in my kernel.log or messages.log, it just says udev version 168 is being loaded and no error afterwards (at least not that I could see). Please tell me if you want me to post the logs.

- secondly, when waking up my system from sleep mode, I get a konsole window where it shows some weird usb error messages (which I do not recall at the moment) and I can't use mouse or keyboard and have to hardware-reset my system.

As I am new to 'debugging' such kernel issues, please just tell me which additional information you need and where I can go look for some more hints on the trigger of these errors.

Cheers and thanks in advance!

Last edited by zoryfl (2011-05-28 07:42:45)

#2 2011-05-31 06:56:49

zoryfl

Re: udev fails on boot, usb error on wake-up

So, as the problem still didn't just go away, I messed around a little bit and noticed that booting mostly is interrupted with the "new usb hid detected" message when I have my Logitech USB Hub connected.
Anyone has any idea what could be wrong or how I could fix this?

#3 2011-05-31 10:00:28

metre

Re: udev fails on boot, usb error on wake-up

I have the same problem (I mean, precisely, "when booting [...] udev often (but not always) fails to load") with udev 171, and no solution for it, I'm sorry

but when I did upgrade, I read:

ATTENTION UDEV:
---------------
Kernel 2.6.32 or newer is now required.
OSS emulation modules are not loaded by default, add to rc.conf if needed.
Arch specific cd symlinks are now no longer created.
cd and net persistent rules will no longer be autogenerated,
see <https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Udev> for details.
Errors are now logged (possibly to the console) by default.

Well, I didn't found these details on the link, can you please point me where they are? big_smile

Last edited by metre (2011-05-31 10:12:36)

Board footer