You are not logged in.

#26 2005-06-17 22:47:02

encelo
Website

Re: System Upgrade Frequency

libervisco wrote:

How often do I update? Hmm.. I am on dial up (and stuck with it) so i got arch full CD from my CD vendor (0.7 Wombat), installed that.

Hi man, I'm on dialup too, but I've downloaded the full iso arch at home, in about a week. wink
A week in which I had the strong faith that I was doing the right thing and that Arch was the right distro for me. I also saw a vision of Judd talking to me: "My son, go ahead, download it all, you won't regret it!" and so I did. big_smile

libervisco wrote:

So, what do you suggest for me or any other strayed fellow dial up "stuckers"?

There are no secrets or tips, you have just to have patience and faith, my fellow!

Blog | Twitter | nCine 2D game engine
All problems in computer graphics can be solved with a matrix inversion. - James Blinn.

#27 2005-06-17 22:54:11

libervisco
Website

Oh man, encelo you really have dedication! Well, compared to you i guess i'm in a pretty nice situation as i already have a working system and only need to update it. (those 230 MB) big_smile

Well, i guess i'll start with those couple of hours daily running pacman -Syu. I'll download a certain number of packs and then just ctrl-c and continue with the rest the next day.. Hopefully that'll work and after a week or so cut the overall full update to something reasonable for dial up. smile

Thanks!
Daniel

#28 2005-06-17 23:18:06

Moo-Crumpus

So do I: I boot into arch, and feel curious about updates. Most of the time, I fetch them immediately, while I read my mails ore browse the forum. About once a day, I think.

Frumpus addict
[mu'.krum.pus], [frum.pus]

Board footer