You are not logged in.

#1 2011-05-31 03:48:28

wilberfan

xf86-video-intel 2.15.0-2: Doesn't work on my old Dell Inspiron 1100

I'm pretty new at Arch, so this post will probably be hopelessly devoid of useful information, but I upgraded my laptop tonight (which included the latest xf86-video-intel driver) and following that, my desktop would fail to display.  (Just a 'dark' (but 'illuminated') screen (if you know what I mean.)

When I reverted to the 2.15.0-1 driver from my cache, things were back to normal.

Just a heads-up.

Hey, be nice...I'm new at this!

#2 2011-06-03 19:31:37

karol
Archivist

Re: xf86-video-intel 2.15.0-2: Doesn't work on my old Dell Inspiron 1100

wilberfan wrote:

I'm pretty new at Arch, so this post will probably be hopelessly devoid of useful information, but I upgraded my laptop tonight (which included the latest xf86-video-intel driver) and following that, my desktop would fail to display.  (Just a 'dark' (but 'illuminated') screen (if you know what I mean.)

I know what you mean.

wilberfan wrote:

When I reverted to the 2.15.0-1 driver from my cache, things were back to normal.

Just a heads-up.

Next time when you're having problems you can check the logs from /var/log/ (/var/log/Xorg.0.log in particular) to see if any "interesting" errors appeared.

When posting, please provide as much (relevant) information as possible e.g. what graphics card do you have (because I'm lazy and I don't want to ask google what type of cards are in a Dell Inspiron 1100 ;P).

Board footer