You are not logged in.

#1 2005-06-17 00:57:45

paranoos

stuttering video in flash plugin

like the subject says, flash animations stutter. it's been happening as long as i can remember  sad

it appears the video pauses for a split second when sound effects stop playing. this is very distracting when playing flash games especially. if i disable alsa oss emulation, the problem disappears -- but of course, i don't have sound, because flash relies on oss.

i'm sort of hoping there's some sort of undocumented environment variable that can fix it. maybe somebody here knows?

if you're not sure if you have this problem, please visit this site ... wait for the opening sound to finish, then move your mouse over the other planes. you'll see some scrolling text, and the scrolling will pause once the sound effect stops.

#2 2005-06-18 07:17:38

paranoos

Re: stuttering video in flash plugin

hmm no replies yet...

could that mean that nobody has this problem? or perhaps everyone has it, and there's no known fix for it ...

well, if you read this post, please make use of the quick reply at the bottom of the page smile just to let me know if i'm the only one with this problem or not.

#3 2005-06-18 18:41:53

FJ
Website

Well, my flash video doesn't stutter, but my audio is delayed and sometimes choppy.  Maybe it's related?

#4 2005-06-24 19:11:10

rdoggsv
Website

i also have this problem and im looking on to it when i have answers will come over here , the thing is that when u are playing flash games or some flash animation with sound , the animation stops as soon the sound comes, we just need to look for the answer to the problem  lol

btw this happens to me not only on arch also on suse 9.3 and every other linux i tried  :shock:

Board footer