You are not logged in.

#1 2011-06-03 21:51:04

ctown.myth

Epiphany segphault, Network Manager and other very annoying problems

Hello everyone, got some rather hair-splitting problems here on my notebook install of Arch.

When I start Epiphany under GNOME 3, it gives me a segphault error, and not only that, I can't even connect wirelessly to my router through Network Manager anymore. I've followed the wiki instructions for both GNOME 3 and Network Manager.

Also, a few minutes after I start Firefox or Opera, I get a massive load of hard drive activity, where the entire desktop locks up and I have to switch to console and kill it.

Things were working just fine a day ago, and no major updates were installed between then and now. Also my Arch install on my desktop works just fine, I have KDE along with Firefox and Opera installed on that.

Thanks!

AKA MyCookie!

#2 2011-06-03 22:06:26

ConnorBehan
Package Maintainer (PM)
Website

Re: Epiphany segphault, Network Manager and other very annoying problems

If they worked a few days ago you must've updated something. Was it GNOME 2 -> GNOME 3? Posting the exact packages (in /var/log/pacman.log) will help people diagnose your problem. It is also helpful if you post output related to your segfault like "strace epiphany".

6EA3 F3F3 B908 2632 A9CB E931 D53A 0445 B47A 0DAB
Great things come in tar.xz packages.

#3 2011-06-04 06:24:12

ctown.myth

ConnorBehan wrote:

If they worked a few days ago you must've updated something. Was it GNOME 2 -> GNOME 3? Posting the exact packages (in /var/log/pacman.log) will help people diagnose your problem. It is also helpful if you post output related to your segfault like "strace epiphany".

Nothing major was changed, the major package was strigi AFAIK (I keep kdebase for backup since the shell crashed on me many times), I'll get more info once I get more time tomorrow; but everything was fine yesterday, and everything is still fine on my desktop, where the largest difference is KDE instead of GNOME.

Magically, out of nowhere, Network Manager started working again today. I haven't restarted my router or anything, I resumed after suspend and it connected! I'll try out Firefox and Opera and edit this post later to say if that problem has gone away too.

AKA MyCookie!

#4 2011-06-04 16:38:24

ctown.myth

I've had some time today to try things out, Firefox and Opera still cause a lot of hard drive activity, but I've noticed only after 5 to 10 minutes, and shorter if using heavy websites (like Twitter).

How can I paste the log for Epiphany here? Looking at it breifly it says that it cannot allcoate memory before it throws out a SIGSEGV.

AKA MyCookie!

Board footer