You are not logged in.

#1 2011-06-08 01:05:53

vogon_poet

System freezes completely in X when using firefox

I installed Arch a couple days ago. It's been great, except sometimes when I run Firefox the whole system freezes. There isn't anything obvious that consistently triggers this, but it seems to have something to do with opening new tabs. Whenever it happens, all open applications appear to lock up. I can't switch to a tty to do anything about it, because the keyboard stops working completely. I have ctrl-alt-backspace set up to kill X, but that doesn't work. Interestingly, I can move the mouse around, but not click on anything. The only way I know of to fix the problem is to kill the power and restart.

If anyone has any idea how to solve this issue, that would be great. Also, I would appreciate more general ideas for how to approach this problem as I'm very new to Linux. It seems like a problem with X, but I have no idea.

If it's relevant, I'm on a Macbook Pro, dual-booting OS X and Arch, and my window manager is stumpwm.

#2 2011-06-08 01:09:06

karol
Archivist

Re: System freezes completely in X when using firefox

Welcome to the forums!
The logs are in /var/log. Please post /var/log/Xorg.0.log and enclose it with [ code ] tags https://bbs.archlinux.org/help.php#bbcode

Board footer