You are not logged in.

#51 2011-06-09 20:04:20

dolby
Member
From: 1992
Registered: 2006-08-08
Posts: 1,581

Re: [kde-unstable] KDE 4.7

Will the package names change to represent the upstream splitted packages?
For example will kdebase-konsole become plain konsole?
I dont see the reason to keep em like they are now (in 4.6.x).


There shouldn't be any reason to learn more editor types than emacs or vi -- mg (1)
[You learn that sarcasm does not often work well in international forums.  That is why we avoid it. -- ewaller (arch linux forum moderator)

Offline

#52 2011-06-09 20:12:40

ilpianista
Fellow developer
From: Lecce, Italy
Registered: 2007-10-06
Posts: 568
Website

Re: [kde-unstable] KDE 4.7

dolby wrote:

Will the package names change to represent the upstream splitted packages?
For example will kdebase-konsole become plain konsole?
I dont see the reason to keep em like they are now (in 4.6.x).

No I'll not change the package names. They are part of some KDE module and is more easy to find an application of a module keeping the module name in the package name.

Offline

#53 2011-06-09 22:56:42

adee
Member
From: The Moon
Registered: 2009-11-10
Posts: 110

Re: [kde-unstable] KDE 4.7

Hmm, Beta 2 release is scheduled to June 8, but still no announcement or anything...

Last edited by adee (2011-06-09 22:57:11)

Offline

#54 2011-06-10 01:35:18

tavianator
Member
From: Waterloo, ON, Canada
Registered: 2007-08-21
Posts: 858
Website

Re: [kde-unstable] KDE 4.7

bash wrote:
dolby wrote:

Will the package names change to represent the upstream splitted packages?
For example will kdebase-konsole become plain konsole?
I dont see the reason to keep em like they are now (in 4.6.x).

No I'll not change the package names. They are part of some KDE module and is more easy to find an application of a module keeping the module name in the package name.

Really?  To me,

$ pacman -Ss konsole
extra/kdebase-konsole 4.6.3-1 ...
$ pacman -S kdebase-konsole

is just an unnecessary -Ss.  The use case of finding a module's applications is easily accomplished with "pacman -Sg kdebase".

Are the devs steadfastly against this or is this something that could change?  I'm willing to patch the PKGBUILDs myself if you want.

Offline

#55 2011-06-10 08:05:02

ilpianista
Fellow developer
From: Lecce, Italy
Registered: 2007-10-06
Posts: 568
Website

Re: [kde-unstable] KDE 4.7

adee wrote:

Hmm, Beta 2 release is scheduled to June 8, but still no announcement or anything...

KDE Developer were at Randa and they need a bit of time to write the announcement...also KDE PIM 4.6.0 will be released together with KDE 4.6.4. KDE 4.7beta2 hasn't been tagged yet.

tavianator wrote:

is just an unnecessary -Ss.  The use case of finding a module's applications is easily accomplished with "pacman -Sg kdebase".

I'll keep original names in KDE 4.x. To avoid a lot of replaces/conflicts too.

In KDE 5.x the whole KDE structure will change and I'll rename the packages with their original names without the KDE module prefix.

Offline

#56 2011-06-10 14:22:45

tavianator
Member
From: Waterloo, ON, Canada
Registered: 2007-08-21
Posts: 858
Website

Re: [kde-unstable] KDE 4.7

Cool, thanks!

Offline

#57 2011-06-10 14:24:57

sumski
Member
From: Zagreb, Croatia
Registered: 2011-04-30
Posts: 114

Offline

#58 2011-06-10 14:29:51

ilpianista
Fellow developer
From: Lecce, Italy
Registered: 2007-10-06
Posts: 568
Website

Re: [kde-unstable] KDE 4.7

    Date: Friday, June 10, 2011 @ 14:06:05
  Author: andrea
Revision: 127051

db-move: moved kdelibs from [staging] to [testing] (i686)

Offline

#59 2011-06-10 14:42:19

sumski
Member
From: Zagreb, Croatia
Registered: 2011-04-30
Posts: 114

Re: [kde-unstable] KDE 4.7

This was fast! smile

Offline

#60 2011-06-10 16:21:03

syms
Member
Registered: 2008-12-25
Posts: 293

Re: [kde-unstable] KDE 4.7

Why kde 4.6.4 is in testing? usually point releases instantly appear in extra

Offline

#61 2011-06-10 16:22:49

birdflesh
Member
From: Greece
Registered: 2010-08-04
Posts: 96

Re: [kde-unstable] KDE 4.7

I was wondering the same. Maybe because of newly introduced kdepim 4.6?

Offline

#62 2011-06-10 17:06:21

venky80
Member
Registered: 2007-05-13
Posts: 996

Re: [kde-unstable] KDE 4.7

what is changing in kontact? is there an easy way to integrate all your contact now? GMAIL, yahoo etc? can i merge contacts between 2 address resources?


DELL XPS 1640 with ATI Mobility Radeon  HD 3670. Arch Linux KDE Minimal Install

Offline

#63 2011-06-10 17:26:37

sumski
Member
From: Zagreb, Croatia
Registered: 2011-04-30
Posts: 114

Re: [kde-unstable] KDE 4.7

venky80 wrote:

what is changing in kontact? is there an easy way to integrate all your contact now? GMAIL, yahoo etc? can i merge contacts between 2 address resources?

http://steveire.wordpress.com/2011/04/0 … -annoying/
http://steveire.wordpress.com/2011/05/01/it-is-coming/
http://steveire.wordpress.com/2011/05/1 … m-4-6-rc1/
http://steveire.wordpress.com/2011/05/3 … m-4-6-rc2/

Offline

#64 2011-06-10 17:42:43

ilpianista
Fellow developer
From: Lecce, Italy
Registered: 2007-10-06
Posts: 568
Website

Re: [kde-unstable] KDE 4.7

syms wrote:

Why kde 4.6.4 is in testing? usually point releases instantly appear in extra

Because is built with glibc 2.14, which is bugged and will stay in [testing] until FS#24615 is fixed.

Offline

#65 2011-06-11 06:53:42

szoasis
Member
Registered: 2011-05-23
Posts: 1

Re: [kde-unstable] KDE 4.7

why should our Kde 4.6.4 build with 2.14?i think we may rebuild it on 2.13.......it is too bleeding edge rely on a just-born-few-days glibc...

Offline

#66 2011-06-13 16:43:40

Zom
Member
From: Sweden
Registered: 2007-10-27
Posts: 406

Re: [kde-unstable] KDE 4.7

Because arch *is* bleeding edge. Why shouldn't it?

Anyway, beta 2 hasn't had a release announcement yet, although the schedule said it was to be released on the 8th. Anybody know why?

vvv⁻⁻⁻ D'oh

Last edited by Zom (2011-06-13 19:24:27)

Offline

#67 2011-06-13 18:26:41

sumski
Member
From: Zagreb, Croatia
Registered: 2011-04-30
Posts: 114

Re: [kde-unstable] KDE 4.7

bash wrote:

KDE Developer were at Randa ... KDE 4.7beta2 hasn't been tagged yet.

Offline

#68 2011-06-16 11:30:44

spider-mario
Member
Registered: 2011-06-16
Posts: 1

Re: [kde-unstable] KDE 4.7

bash wrote:
syms wrote:

Why kde 4.6.4 is in testing? usually point releases instantly appear in extra

Because is built with glibc 2.14, which is bugged and will stay in [testing] until FS#24615 is fixed.

It seems to have been fixed.

Offline

#69 2011-06-16 11:38:09

ilpianista
Fellow developer
From: Lecce, Italy
Registered: 2007-10-06
Posts: 568
Website

Re: [kde-unstable] KDE 4.7

spider-mario wrote:

It seems to have been fixed.

http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/ … 20684.html

EDIT:

Zom wrote:

Anyway, beta 2 hasn't had a release announcement yet, although the schedule said it was to be released on the 8th. Anybody know why?

Ok, there is a news: they will skip the beta2; RC1 will be tagged 21th.

Last edited by ilpianista (2011-06-16 14:20:23)

Offline

#70 2011-06-17 17:46:15

reflexing
Member
Registered: 2009-03-25
Posts: 58
Website

Re: [kde-unstable] KDE 4.7

Experiencing buggy behavior with KWallet. I've set Kopete to store passwords to my IM account in KWallet, and when Kopete starts for the first time it asks for KWallet password. I enter it, but nothing happens — Kopete status becomes "Online" and no account gets connected. Restarting Kopete doesn't solve the issue.

Currently i'm disabling KDE KWallet subsystem in KWalletManager, enabling it again, Kopete asks for password and only then accounts connect for real.

Can somebody confirm whether it is a bug?

I'm using KDE 4.7 beta1.

Offline

#71 2011-06-18 04:43:41

spctrl
Member
Registered: 2010-06-20
Posts: 31

Re: [kde-unstable] KDE 4.7

I do not have any problems with kwallet and/or kopete with beta1.

Offline

#72 2011-06-23 09:49:31

ilpianista
Fellow developer
From: Lecce, Italy
Registered: 2007-10-06
Posts: 568
Website

Re: [kde-unstable] KDE 4.7

sorry for the OT (this is about KDE 4.6), but I'm getting a *lot* of mails about 4.6.4 in [testing]

KDE 4.6.4 will never hit the [extra] repository because:
1) is built upon glibc which still has some bug
2) okular, kde-baseapps and maybe others source tarballs are wrong: see http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/release-t … 05003.html and http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/release-t … 05005.html
[/OT]

4.7RC1 has been tagged.

Offline

#73 2011-06-23 10:14:43

divansantana
Member
Registered: 2011-01-21
Posts: 117

Re: [kde-unstable] KDE 4.7

Thanks for clearing that up, I'm been watching the glibc bug smile .

Does that mean we have to wait for kde 4.6.5 5 July for kdepim 4.6.0? Just wondering. smile

Offline

#74 2011-06-23 11:03:22

ilpianista
Fellow developer
From: Lecce, Italy
Registered: 2007-10-06
Posts: 568
Website

Re: [kde-unstable] KDE 4.7

divansantana wrote:

Does that mean we have to wait for kde 4.6.5 5 July for kdepim 4.6.0? Just wondering. smile

I've no a plan about that yet. Maybe we should wait kdepim 4.6.1.

Offline

#75 2011-06-23 11:53:06

divansantana
Member
Registered: 2011-01-21
Posts: 117

Re: [kde-unstable] KDE 4.7

bash wrote:
divansantana wrote:

Does that mean we have to wait for kde 4.6.5 5 July for kdepim 4.6.0? Just wondering. smile

I've no a plan about that yet. Maybe we should wait kdepim 4.6.1.

Probably a good idea, I think that would come with kde 4.6.5 anyway.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB