You are not logged in.

#1 2011-06-11 00:14:23

Garf

Can't get sound to work

Hi...

I am trying to get sound working in KDE...

I've just recently installed, and have not heard a single noice out of this.

I am trying to get it working over HDMI with my new AMD Fusion CPU.

I have installed amarok, and noticed that the only availabe back end is gstreamer.

When I installed Amarok, I also tried to install phonon-xine (as per instructions on the wiki), but it said that phonon-xine could not be found.

I have insatlled the catalyst drivers, which based on nother thread, should be able to get sound working over HDMI no problem.

Any help would be much appreciated

#2 2011-06-11 04:00:45

Garf

Re: Can't get sound to work

I have also just installed phonon-vlc, obviously to get it working with VLC...

But still no sound, so I think it probably has more to do with the hardware side of things more than anything

#3 2011-06-12 10:45:25

Garf

Anyone able to help me with this..

I have moved on a little bit from where I was. I have gotten VLC to work, but only after I installed the gstreamer0.10-pulse package. I also have Amarok sound working... but not for any of my songs that I have tried...

I have gotten sound out of the sample song that first appears when you first run Amarok, but none of my songs...

So, I guess it's a format issue... I am thinking maybe the ones I have tried are proprietary formats?

Edit: Just found some files that were in flac format... and they worked, so I am guessing because that's a Free format, it's fine..

Edit 2: All done. I needed to install the other gstreamer plugins (bad, ugly etc).

Last edited by Garf (2011-06-12 11:16:41)

#4 2011-06-12 11:25:45

Kilzool

Good job.. can you edit your original post and add [SOLVED] prior to the title?  smile

Board footer