You are not logged in.

#1 2011-06-15 12:32:50

Snuken

Sound disappeard after reboot.

All of a sudden, after a reboot, my sound stopped working. I've been looking at the wiki and googled before, but can't seem to find an answer. I can't even run alsamixer anymore. It shows up if I typ alsam then press tab, but when I try to launch it I get: cannot open mixer: No such file or directory.
alsaconf doesn't find my soundcard either. I tried to reinstall alsa with pacman -Syu but didn't help.
When I type lsmod | grep snd I get:

snd_hda_codec_realtek   297871  1 
snd_hda_intel          22186  0 
snd_hda_codec          77703  2 snd_hda_codec_realtek,snd_hda_intel
snd_hwdep               6342  1 snd_hda_codec
snd_pcm                73736  2 snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec
snd_timer              19488  1 snd_pcm
snd                    57384  6 snd_hda_codec_realtek,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,snd_hwdep,snd_pcm,snd_timer
soundcore               6178  1 snd
snd_page_alloc          7161  2 snd_hda_intel,snd_pcm

#2 2011-06-15 14:26:07

lagagnon
Website

Re: Sound disappeard after reboot.

Did you do a recent upgrade? If yes, it could be that you need to add the following to you modules line in /etc/rc.conf. Read your /var/log/pacman.log

MODULES=(snd_seq_oss snd_pcm_oss snd_mixer_oss)

Philosophy is looking for a black cat in a dark room. Metaphysics is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there. Religion is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there and shouting "I found it!". Science is looking for a black cat in a dark room with a flashlight.

#3 2011-06-15 16:05:39

Snuken

Re: Sound disappeard after reboot.

lagagnon wrote:

Did you do a recent upgrade? If yes, it could be that you need to add the following to you modules line in /etc/rc.conf. Read your /var/log/pacman.log

MODULES=(snd_seq_oss snd_pcm_oss snd_mixer_oss)

Thank you for the response. I tried that from what I read in another thread, but it didn't work. So now I have re-installed arch once again... Think it's the third time now smile Hope I don't screw up tongue

Board footer