You are not logged in.

#1 2005-06-20 11:04:06

FUBAR
Website

I leave for one weekend and WTF?!

With the nice weather and all (> 30C!) I didn't bother to check the forums or AUR or anything really. Today I visit the forums and I notice my forum title changed to "Trusted User (TU)". I have no idea why or how or what I should do about it. No one sent me a mail or message or anything about it.

Next surprise: my most popular package adesklets seems to be hijacked by kritoke. I looked into it and it seems adesklets got sent to the community-repo. Does this mean I don't have to maintain it anymore and I'd better remove it from my repo too (to avoid confusion)?

Does someone have a link where all this is explained: there are several threads in several subforums, different pages, blahblah all that but I still don't get it. :oops:

A bus station is where a bus stops.
A train station is where a train stops.
On my desk I have a workstation.

#2 2005-06-20 12:18:33

lanrat

Re: I leave for one weekend and WTF?!

I guess you've got the title as a mistake.

The good news is that if the package is in the community repo you don't have to maintain it any more unless you have your own different version (diffrent configure options etc).

The binary package is now available in the community repo using pacman.

I think you should now try upgrading it from there with pacman (don't forget to remove it from /var/cache/pacman/pkg first) to check if everything is allright and perhaps remove it from your repo. Isn't that great ? :-D

#3 2005-06-20 13:05:18

dtw
Forum Fellow
Website

Next surprise: my most popular package adesklets seems to be hijacked by kritoke. I looked into it and it seems adesklets got sent to the community-repo. Does this mean I don't have to maintain it anymore and I'd better remove it from my repo too (to avoid confusion)?

It's explained in the AUR guidelines, which are currently being written - you can still see them on the home page.

It would be best to remove i yes smile

#4 2005-06-20 14:40:33

rasat
Forum Fellow
Website

Markku

#5 2005-06-20 15:21:55

FUBAR
Website

Oh ok. So I'm back to a forum regular. Well, at least I got my 15 minutes of fame. wink

A bus station is where a bus stops.
A train station is where a train stops.
On my desk I have a workstation.

Board footer