You are not logged in.

#1 2011-06-14 01:14:58

thehodapp

Songbird couldn't load XPCOM

So I'm trying to use Songbird becuase I need support for my ipod 5g (curses). I decided on using this software because it could handle playback and CDs as well. (I wish I could rely on cmus for all my music needs but sadly it doesn't play CDs or work with ipods--if anyone knows of some better software for my needs, please let me know).

So I decided on Songbird because I'm banking on Nightengale coming out soon. Unfortunately, all the AUR packages were totally out of date so I had to look up the ftp packages for most of the Gstreamer stuff and edit the packagebuilds myself and hoped it would all work. I did that all basically by hand until they were all installed and got the packagebuild for Songbird to work. I installed it with pacman (clyde) and now when I run it, I get an error saying "Couldn't load XPCOM". I don't know if anyone would have any insight into what I may have done wrong. My guess is that the packages were out of date and just changing their version and such probably didn't fix the problem.

#2 2011-06-17 11:49:24

coffee_addict

Re: Songbird couldn't load XPCOM

Do you have the xulrunner package installed?

#3 2011-06-17 19:18:09

thehodapp

Re: Songbird couldn't load XPCOM

Ah I bet that would have solved it. I didn't have it installed. Since then I've figured out how to work vlc, cdrkit, and gtkpod for my cd and ipod needs, but I might try loading songbird at some later date. Thanks.

Board footer