You are not logged in.

#1 2005-06-20 23:46:52

poetofnumbers
Website

problem: no modules loaded

Okay, here is the setup.  I've been running the 2.6.8.1-3 kernel since October and have booted in and out of it a few times.  When I came home today, I found that there had been a power outage.  So I start up my computer and see that the network daemon as well as the alsa-mixer daemon failed to load.  First the network daemon, because I'm running off of my Knoppix live cd.  When I run lsmod, no modules show up.  Running uname -a shows that my kernel is 2.6.8.1-3, and /var/log/pacman.d says that this has been my kernel since October.  The options on all of my hard drive partitions in fstab are 'defaults'.  The driver for my nic, eepro100, is in /lib/modules/2.6.8.1/kernel/drivers/net/.  I'm not running hotplug, but instead loading every module I need individually, or at least trying to load.  Sorry this is so scattered, but I'm just throwing out everything that I've already told people on irc.freenode.net#archlinux.  Any suggestions would be helpful aside --- even "Hell I don't know, reinstall your kernel" or "reinstall Arch" would be helpful.

I'm going to go get drunk to drownd my frustrations.

Sweet, now I can play with myself.

#2 2005-06-21 02:29:45

viniosity
Website

Re: problem: no modules loaded

Is this a custom compiled kernel or have you not done an upgrade in a long while?  Aldo, does modprobe work?  Maybe you could post your rc.conf file for us to take a look at.

#3 2005-06-21 14:42:48

poetofnumbers
Website

I recompiled the kernel, now version 2.6.11.10.  But now I have no mouse wheel, which is very annoying.  Yes, the kernel was custom.  I just disabled isa and irda and built modules for my hardware into the kernel.  I built in eepro100, emu10k1, alsa, and usb-hid.  My mouse is a Logitech MouseMan Wheel mouse.  I've looked everywhere from the wiki to google.  The section of my xorg.conf is as follows:

Identifier "Mouse1"
Driver "mouse"
Option "Protocol" "Auto"
Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"

<edit>
Neither xev nor imwheel show any events triggered with moving the mouse wheel.
</edit>

Sweet, now I can play with myself.

#4 2005-06-21 16:02:15

dtw
Forum Fellow
Website

emulate 3 button?

Board footer