You are not logged in.

#1 2011-06-23 12:56:48

Zmyrgel

Poor picture quality with HDMI [solved]

I recently got a AMD Fusion HTPC-machine but I've had lot of troubles trying to set it up to work with XBMC.
Now the most accute problem is poor picture quality. When I connect my HTPC to my receiver with HDMI-cable the picture quality isn't that great.
I'd assume that HDMI would quarantee a crisp picture quality but even VGA beats the picture quality.
The resolution is correct (1920x1080).
I'm using latest catalysty drivers. With open source ATI driver the picture quality is just fine but it lacks the power to play HD movies.
I get better picture quality when connecting HDMI from HTPC to TV directly but then I lose sounds from some of my movies as TV is unable to pass through all audio to my receiver.

Any suggestions how to get good picture quality with catalyst drivers?

Here's a rather large picture (1.4M) I took of my TV so you get the idea of the quality:
http://devio.us/~zmyrgel/P1010483.JPG

Edit:
And found catalyst control center. Tweaked the DTV options from control center and adjusted TV's picture settings and got things pretty smooth. Still not quite so clear as open source driver's but close enough so it won't bother when watching movies.
Now to fix my wireless and to configure bluetooth...

Last edited by Zmyrgel (2011-06-23 13:28:59)

Board footer