You are not logged in.

#1 2010-04-11 12:07:47

paldepind

Scrotwm and tray

Does anybody know how to get trayer/stalonetray/etc working in Scrotwm? I've tried but have not been able to get it working probably without Scrotwm trating the tray like a normal window and tiling it.

#2 2010-04-12 07:04:57

skanky

Re: Scrotwm and tray

Have you tried using quirks? If not, try them, if you have, then no idea, sorry.

"...one cannot be angry when one looks at a penguin."  - John Ruskin
"Life in general is a bit shit, and so too is the internet. And that's all there is." - scepticisle

#3 2010-04-12 17:59:24

sesquis

This is probably my only annoyance (and it's a small one) with scrotwm.  I've tried playing with both trayer and stalonetray.  Adding something like the following will get scrotwm to stop tiling the windows:

quirk[trayer:panel] = FLOAT + ANYWHERE
quirk[stalonetray:stalonetray] = FLOAT + ANYWHERE

I'd like to try to get it hooked into the top right corner, on the scrotwm bar, but so far I haven't been able to do that.  If you don't mind a floating systray, though, the quirks above should suffice.

#4 2010-04-12 19:06:39

sam87

sesquis wrote:

This is probably my only annoyance (and it's a small one) with scrotwm.  I've tried playing with both trayer and stalonetray.  Adding something like the following will get scrotwm to stop tiling the windows:

I'd like to try to get it hooked into the top right corner, on the scrotwm bar, but so far I haven't been able to do that.  If you don't mind a floating systray, though, the quirks above should suffice.

you could try dzen2 if you mean a sort of status bar with info in it, i use it with conky and it shows everything i need in the scrotwm status bar, i just needed to adjust sizes and positioning, this is what i mean..i hope its what you mean as well...
vNDRyMA

what i cannot build, i do not understand

#5 2010-04-12 20:40:13

sesquis

sam87 wrote:

you could try dzen2 if you mean a sort of status bar with info in it, i use it with conky and it shows everything i need in the scrotwm status bar, i just needed to adjust sizes and positioning, this is what i mean..i hope its what you mean as well...

Thanks, I'll take a look at dzen2; looks like it could be useful.  What I really want, though, is a means to see if I have IM's (using Pidgin), or potentially my input method with SCIM.  It looks like dzen2 also doesn't integrate (ie, won't be able to get information on current tag/workspace and layout).  I'll dig in and see.

#6 2010-04-12 20:57:22

sam87

sesquis wrote:
sam87 wrote:

Thanks, I'll take a look at dzen2; looks like it could be useful.  What I really want, though, is a means to see if I have IM's (using Pidgin), or potentially my input method with SCIM.  It looks like dzen2 also doesn't integrate (ie, won't be able to get information on current tag/workspace and layout).  I'll dig in and see.

hmm.. you could try statnot, its a notifier and all that, am sure you can get it to display stuff like that, its really good with notifying.am sure dzen will do just fine, you just have to get it to do what you want it to.have fun and i hope it works out for you.

what i cannot build, i do not understand

#7 2010-04-16 06:37:07

paldepind

sesquis wrote:

Thanks, is't better than nothing.

sam87 wrote:

http://omploader.org/vNDRyMA

How do you get Dzen2 to display workspace info? I've been thinking about using dezen2 but the Arch wiki states that you can't get it to show workspace info from Scrotwm..

#8 2011-05-30 03:50:31

techne

Any advances on this front?

#9 2011-06-23 22:06:23

marco_p

read up on the region in the man page.

http://opensource.conformal.com/cgi-bin/man-cgi?scrotwm

Board footer