You are not logged in.

#1 2011-06-24 13:40:59

issen1

flashplugin: fullscreen while working on second monitor

Hey guys,

I'm running firefox 5.0-1 with flashplugin 10.3.181.26-1 which is basically working good.

I have a second monitor connected to my laptop and want to work on it while watching flash videos in fullscreen. However if I press a button on the second monitor, flash player on the first monitor will leave fullscreen mode.

Any way to make this happen? Would be really great.

#2 2011-06-28 02:42:24

badhat

Re: flashplugin: fullscreen while working on second monitor

I'm pretty sure that this issue is with flash. You can see user DorianX's response here
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=973631

Anyway, I've always used the method of setting my larger monitor to the leftmost monitor-- if you're running Gnome, open the "Display" menu from system settings and move your larger monitor (the secondary one from your post) to the left of the current primary monitor.

Another neat trick I've heard is using this Chrome/Chromium extension
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta … plkbhngnl#
and placing the browser in the correct monitor that you wish to use. By using this extension and the F11 key for application fullscreen, you can watch the flash element as if it were popped out in fullscreen mode.

#3 2013-02-27 14:11:36

Zipfer

I have same problem. I set right monitor as main.
Many flash players opened fullscreen only on the left monitor instead right where firefox opened
Only youtube opened fash fullscreen where firefox opened
I can't find anything related with this problem

#4 2015-02-19 07:10:45

IdecEddy

Zipfer wrote:

I have same problem. I set right monitor as main.
Many flash players opened fullscreen only on the left monitor instead right where firefox opened
Only youtube opened fash fullscreen where firefox opened
I can't find anything related with this problem

I'm also having this same problem. It happens on Netflix also so I don't think its a flash thing. I have a laptop connected to a monitor and want to be able to hit fullscreen on a monitor and have it go fullscreen on the monitor that the player is on. How do I go about doing this?

Last edited by IdecEddy (2015-02-19 07:11:16)

Board footer