You are not logged in.

#1 2011-06-29 21:29:22

marcs

Nouveau driver on Xorg how to set screen borders/margins ?

Hi I'm using the nouveau driver on a TV screen at the resolution of 640x240, the problem is that the TV screen is an old screen of an arcade cabinet and some of the Xorg screen is out of the actual TV frame.

There's a way to center the image from Xorg ?

I'm looking for a solution but i didn't find yet.

Thank you.

#2 2011-06-29 21:54:07

Gusar

Re: Nouveau driver on Xorg how to set screen borders/margins ?

xvidtune, if it'll work. Otherwise this can be done by playing with the numbers in a modeline, don't ask me how though. Actually, I think this is what xvidtune does, it changes stuff on-the-fly, and also spits out a modified modeline.

Then there's overscan. The nvidia blob has an overscan setting, no idea about nouveau.

Last edited by Gusar (2011-06-29 21:55:23)

#3 2011-06-29 23:58:44

marcs

xvidtune doesn't work... it gives me an error message like: xf86ModeZoomLocked.

I'm using Xorg without any window manager even without twm. I use slim for the login and xinit to init xorg.

Editing the modeline by hand is quite a nightmare neutral But I'll try...

#4 2011-06-30 22:37:01

marcs

I've messed out with the Modeline with no results and now i guess that my problem is a bit different... Advmame and sdlmame appear at center perfectly, wahcade too.

I got an overscan problem only with xterm and xmame that appear cut out on the left. So I'm guessing is a problem of "Xorg related applications" ?

There's a way to fix that ? I use the geometry option for xterm so i can put the console to the center of the screen... but this is more like a workaround than a stable solution, i would like to find a base solution for every Xorg related application and not using geometry for every Xorg app.

Anyway if I'll find out what can i do and I'll post my workaround when i come up with something stable.

[EDIT]

I've find out what was the problem with xmame.

I've changed the value of two configuration variables from 0 to 1:

video-mode              1  # stands for: 1 Fullscreen DGA (hotkey left-alt + home)
fullscreen              1 # xmame to fullscreen

Last edited by marcs (2011-06-30 22:55:25)

Board footer