You are not logged in.

#1 2011-07-01 16:53:52

dragos240

Eclipse blank grey dialogue box on startup, fixed with rm of workspace

Hello,

I wanted to get coding today, but.... eclipse isn't starting up like it usually does. The splash screen pops up, it asks where I want my workspace folder, and then a small grey dialogue box pops up. It will never exit on it's own, pressing close does nothing, I have to kill it.

I tried running eclipse in a terminal in the hope it complained about a library error or something, but it's silent, it doesn't say anything back to me when run in a terminal. I'm not sure what other info to give you. It was working yesterday, and today it's not opening. I just shut down my computer after that day and started it up the next and it didn't work. So I removed the .eclipse folder in the hope that would clear some temporary data that was causing it, nothing.

I eventually moved my workspace and let it start fresh, it worked. Unfortunately, I need those files. Can I import the folder to fix this issue? How can I?

#2 2011-07-01 18:10:30

thurisaz

Re: Eclipse blank grey dialogue box on startup, fixed with rm of workspace

I'm experiencing the same problem. Additionally the whole update configuration seems to be damaged. There are no update sites listed anymore (I had quite many).

Furthermore I'm having some other problems (Eclipse icon seems to be missing, Saros plug-in and Gnome Battery Applet doesn't work anymore, no wallpaper on desktop) which all appeard after my update yesterday. Eclipse was updated too.

The following error messages are displayed when I start eclipse via terminal:
(Eclipse:8741): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_width: assertion `GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed

(Eclipse:8741): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_height: assertion `GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed

(Eclipse:8741): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_window_resize: assertion `width > 0' failed

gdk-pixbuf2 was updated too.

In the update log I found this message regarding gdk-pixbuf2:
[2011-06-30 22:58] g_module_open() failed for /usr/lib/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-gif.so: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by /usr/lib/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-gif.so)
(more error messages follow which name the other libpixbufloader-*.so libraries.)

I can't open images anymore because the programs can not recognize the image format.

Therefore this seems to be a problem with gdk-pixbuf2. At least for me. Don't know how to fix this. Will try to downgrade gdk-pixbuf2. Will post results.

EDIT: Yup, that did the trick. At least for all the image related stuff. Eclipse starts fine now, I can see the wallpaper and the battery applet is working now.
Eclipse plug-ins are still messed-up but that's worth a separate topic.

EDIT2: I still can't figure out how that gdk-pixbuf stuff could make eclipse "forget" about the workspace.

Last edited by thurisaz (2011-07-01 18:31:52)

#3 2011-07-01 19:38:24

dragos240

thurisaz wrote:

I'm experiencing the same problem. Additionally the whole update configuration seems to be damaged. There are no update sites listed anymore (I had quite many).

Furthermore I'm having some other problems (Eclipse icon seems to be missing, Saros plug-in and Gnome Battery Applet doesn't work anymore, no wallpaper on desktop) which all appeard after my update yesterday. Eclipse was updated too.

The following error messages are displayed when I start eclipse via terminal:
(Eclipse:8741): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_width: assertion `GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed

(Eclipse:8741): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_height: assertion `GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed

(Eclipse:8741): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_window_resize: assertion `width > 0' failed

gdk-pixbuf2 was updated too.

In the update log I found this message regarding gdk-pixbuf2:
[2011-06-30 22:58] g_module_open() failed for /usr/lib/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-gif.so: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by /usr/lib/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-gif.so)
(more error messages follow which name the other libpixbufloader-*.so libraries.)

I can't open images anymore because the programs can not recognize the image format.

Therefore this seems to be a problem with gdk-pixbuf2. At least for me. Don't know how to fix this. Will try to downgrade gdk-pixbuf2. Will post results.

EDIT: Yup, that did the trick. At least for all the image related stuff. Eclipse starts fine now, I can see the wallpaper and the battery applet is working now.
Eclipse plug-ins are still messed-up but that's worth a separate topic.

EDIT2: I still can't figure out how that gdk-pixbuf stuff could make eclipse "forget" about the workspace.

Do you know what version last worked? How should I downgrade?

#4 2011-07-01 20:52:19

thurisaz

For me the last version that worked was 2.23.4-1.
You can find it using the arch rollback machine: http://arm.konnichi.com/search/index.php

i686: http://arm.konnichi.com/search/index.ph … ommunity=1
x86_64: http://arm.konnichi.com/search/index.ph … ommunity=1

download the package and install it with "pacman -U path/to/downloaded/package"

EDIT: Reboot of course.

Last edited by thurisaz (2011-07-01 21:52:50)

#5 2011-07-01 20:52:44

dragos240

Okay it seems it *may* be caused by webkit or xulrunner. It isn't working with either it seems. A fix is needed.

Board footer