You are not logged in.

#1 2011-06-26 11:08:29

RichardSantoro

Nautilus Desktop appears under KDE

Hi,

Here is my problem : I just installed KDE and notice that when i switch from 2nd to 3th desktops, or when i close my session, nautilus is launched behind.
It's a consequence of modification i've made a while ago when gnome3 was release, i tried to have openbox, also try to have compiz as standalone. For that, i've made script containing mauchers for Cortina (wallpaper changer), tint2, nautilus, gnome-terminal.

Each of them now launch at ked startup (but not with gnome shell). I tried to delete all file involved (xinitrc, reference in gnome-session-properties), but stil got 2-3 cortina launching, nautilus behind KDE, etc.

Search string among "cortina" among file didn't get any usefull match.

Two questions then :

- Any way to find the file using the PID ?
- Does anyone as a file in mind that could be involved ?

Thx folks,

RS

#2 2011-06-26 15:52:10

ANOKNUSA

Re: Nautilus Desktop appears under KDE

I'm confused: did you create your own script to do this?  Typically, .desktop files for autostart apps appear under ~/.config/autostart when using GNOME or KDE, and can just be deleted.  If you created your own script, it should just be a matter of no longer running that script at startup, right?

#3 2011-06-26 21:42:55

jiyuu

I would add to what ANOKNUSA has said about .desktop files, to look also in /etc/xdg/autostart/.

#4 2011-07-02 08:06:27

RichardSantoro

I've already check all this file, all the common files involved in such behavior.

Every "search" command i've tried to find a string among the content of a file do not match any reference to cortina.

So if you have a really efficient command, it might be usefull

thx

Board footer