You are not logged in.

#1 2005-06-24 00:56:02

kleptophobiac

AUR and CVS

I would like to add a package to the AUR for the madwifi drivers, unfortunately, they are distributed only via CVS.

I would probably want to have a "madwifi-cvs-x-x.pkg.tar.gz" filename,  and the version would be `date +%Y.%m.%d`. Is there some way to make the AUR accept something with no sources and no MD5's? Would it also do daily/weekly/biweekly/monthly/etc. builds?

Just wondering...

#2 2005-06-24 01:15:03

medicated

Re: AUR and CVS

I didn't research this at all, but..this package is already in the AUR.

#3 2005-06-24 01:27:16

kleptophobiac

oops
well, the way I check to see if there's something in the AUR is to updatedb my system, then look for names with locate. I swear I didn't see it a few days ago. There's some corrections to be made in the .intall file, but I'll leave that in its comments line. smile also, there's no build date on the aur page to indicate when the binary was built.

But there are some other programs that undergo a lot of CVS dev that might benefit from a CVS version.

#4 2005-06-24 06:26:20

CyberTron
Website

kleptophobiac wrote:

Would it also do daily/weekly/biweekly/monthly/etc. builds?

Just wondering...

Just to clarify, (not sure if it workes on all kinds of cvs though) you could use a command like this to get a specifik day-build:

EDIT: saw that you probably aint going any further with this...

export CVSROOT=:pserver:cvs:cvs@rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de:/home/wine 
 cvs login
 cvs -z 0 checkout -D 2005-06-14 wine  

This gets wine, as it was on 2005-06-14. big_smile

http://www.linuxportalen.com  -> Linux Help portal for Linux and ArchLinux (in swedish)

Dell Inspiron 8500
Kernel 2.6.14-archck1  (selfcompiled)
Enlightenment 17

#5 2005-06-24 08:19:05

dtw
Forum Fellow
Website

kleptophobiac - we, the TUs, are trying to discourage the use of `date +%d` etc in PKGBUILDs especially in the AUR.

We are also trying to develop a standard for CVS and SVN PKGBUILDs which should have been there to answer your original question.

In the mean time, our prefered method is the -D option as used by CyberTron to check out source from a specific date - we are looking to do something similar with the revision number for SVN big_smile

Board footer