You are not logged in.

#1 2011-07-02 21:30:40

Nimbus

[SORT OF SOLVED] Trash keeps opening with Firefox on AWN!

Yeah, this is really starting to annoy me.

Apparently, :trash is set to open using Firefox when I load it through anything other than a File Manager (Nautilus, Thunar, etc)

I cant seem to remove it either from Firefox's extensions list.

I cant open my trash via AWN in any desktop environment for this very reason, and it's irritating the living daylights out of me. I'm sure it's something in the OS or Firefox that is to blame. What's even stupider is that in gconf-editor, the key under desktop/gnome/url-handlers/trash is set to nautilus %s, so I am completely dumbfounded at why this doesn't work right.

I suspect it's Firefox, and I'd like to see if I can remove the :trash file association from it, I just don't know how to go about this.

Also, when I attempt to access :trash by typing it into PCManFM's location bar, heres what I get

(pcmanfm:11635): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_unref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
** (pcmanfm:11635): DEBUG: FmJob error: No such file or directory
** (pcmanfm:11635): DEBUG: unable to load icon . GThemedIcon application-octet-stream gnome-mime-application-octet-stream application-x-generic
** (pcmanfm:11635): DEBUG: unable to load icon . GThemedIcon inode-symlink gnome-mime-inode-symlink inode-x-generic
** (pcmanfm:11635): DEBUG: unable to load icon . GThemedIcon application-x-extension-part gnome-mime-application-x-extension-part application-x-generic
** (pcmanfm:11635): DEBUG: unable to load icon . GThemedIcon application-x-extension-img gnome-mime-application-x-extension-img application-x-generic
** (pcmanfm:11635): DEBUG: FmJob error: The specified directory is not valid

(pcmanfm:11635): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_entry_get_text: assertion `GTK_IS_ENTRY (entry)' failed
Segmentation fault

Something is obviously borked and I'd like to know what it is. I did manage to edit one of the mimetype folders and completely remove :trash links from Firefox, but they still keep trying to open with it anyway, only now they ask me what program I want to use. I just wanna use my trash as normal.

Edit: Apparently docky works just fine, but I've decided against using a dock. I'll figure out the trash myself. Gonna use bmpanel2 for now.

Last edited by Nimbus (2011-07-03 01:41:12)

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped.
        -- Elbert Hubbard
OpenBox3 + KDE4.6 + Xfce4.8 User

Board footer