You are not logged in.

#26 2011-07-05 20:13:38

mips1

Re: unable to install arch

cobaltwolfe wrote:

..sadly i do not have a printer!

You really should read the beginners guide,
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Be … umentation
The official install guide is conveniently available right on the live system! To access it, change to tty2 (virtual console #2) with <ALT>+F2, log in as "root" and then invoke /usr/bin/less by typing in the following at the # prompt:
# less /usr/share/aif/docs/official_installation_guide_en
less will allow you to page through the document.
Change back to tty1 with <ALT>+F1 to follow the rest of the install process. (Change back to tty2 at any time if you need to reference the Official Guide as you progress through the installation process.)

#27 2011-07-06 01:07:16

cobaltwolfe

Re: unable to install arch

mips1 wrote:
cobaltwolfe wrote:

..sadly i do not have a printer!

You really should read the beginners guide,
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Be … umentation
The official install guide is conveniently available right on the live system! To access it, change to tty2 (virtual console #2) with <ALT>+F2, log in as "root" and then invoke /usr/bin/less by typing in the following at the # prompt:
# less /usr/share/aif/docs/official_installation_guide_en
less will allow you to page through the document.
Change back to tty1 with <ALT>+F1 to follow the rest of the install process. (Change back to tty2 at any time if you need to reference the Official Guide as you progress through the installation process.)

lol was actually reading that tonight while at work. i printed the entirety of the guide while at work (hoorah for being amazon.com's janitor at the moment) i am sure they loved me for that one sixty pages (reworked the font and everything) and also the wifi setup guide. the original issue was the the iso was written to the media but not working correctly. then it was attempting to write it through the "dd" command which i have never used before due to always using third party iso writers. so after this is done posting i will be attempting the install (just got out of work) and going through it and if i screw something up i plan to restart and try again. not worries about messing things up it happens and we learn from it. again i would like to thank people who have had patience with me up till this point.

thanks again and off to attempt this!!!

Board footer