You are not logged in.

#1 2011-07-06 21:33:38

LiquidStranger

Creative X-Fi

Hi everyone,

i'm having (again I might say) massive problems with my soundcard. It's a Creative X-Fi Titanium with the frontpanel. I've recently switched from Ubuntu 11.04 to Arch on my PC and I recall that it was frustrating as hell to get the digital output (SPDIF) to spit out a 5.1 sound signal. It *did* work in Ubuntu, but of course I don't know anymore how I did it :-/

Alsamixer shows two sound cards, default is PulseAudio, with channels for MasterFront, Master Rear, MasterCenter and MasterLFE, as well as Creative X-Fi. Both "cards" have all channels unmuted and volume set to max. In the gnome-control-center -> sound settings, I've chosen analog 5.1 (because there is no digital) output. Test Speakers gives a signal on front left & front right, but nothing else. speaker-test -c6 (even with -D surround51) gives output on front left & right channels but nothing else as well. VLC playing a file with 5.1 AC3 audio-track gives me a stereo signal (front left &right again)

In /etc/pulse/daemon.conf I-ve changed the following:

default-sample-channels = 6
default-channel-map = front-left,front-right,rear-left,rear-right,front-center,lfe

Any help would be appreciated, I love my sound system and it just is no fun like this :-/

#2 2011-07-07 22:08:13

drahnr

Re: Creative X-Fi

check if you got the right module loaded at all via

lsmod |grep snd-ctxfi

, in case no line appears do a

modprobe snd-ctxfi

and retry setup with PA (maybe you havetorestart pa/alsa. Beyond that, good luck!

Board footer