You are not logged in.

#1 2011-07-10 17:09:03

phlux
Website

NetworkManager freezing GNOME3..

Hey folks. I've been having issues waking GNOME3 back up after it's been idle for a long time. When I move the mouse or use a keystroke, the screen just sits there black and blank except for the gnome panel at the top of the screen. If I use ctrl-alt-f1 to view the terminal that I started X from, I see the following two errors:

Window manager warning: Log level 16: _nm_project_get_property: error getting 'Ssid' for /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/AccessPoint/117: (19) Method "Get" with signature "ss" on interface "org.freedesktop.DBus.properties" doesn't exist.

Window manager warning: Log level 16: _nm_object_get_property: Error getting 'Mode' for /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/AccessPoint/91: (19) Method "Get" with signature "ss" on interface "org.freedesktop.Dbus.properties" doesn't exist.

As you can see, there are different numbers after the "AccessPoint/" line. Those numbers will continue to rise, as I get about 100 of these errors depending on how long my computer's been idle and blank. I can't stop the errors, or else my GNOME session will freeze for good. I have to let the errors play out (counting to whatever they will...) and then I can continue my GNOME session. This is severely annoying, and I would appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks.

“If you expect to enter the Pearly Gates and walk those streets of gold, you must remember the password: Roll Tide Roll." - Paul Bear Bryant

Board footer