You are not logged in.

#1 2011-07-13 17:25:08

mcmorn

ecryptfs remainging partition after Ubuntu 11.04

Hi.
So I've just installed Arch after using Ubuntu 11.04 and it turned out that U had my home file encrypted (which is weird, because I specificly ordered it not to do it when installing it). But anyway.. I've installed Arch and wanted to replace my Arch's /home with the seperate /home partition I've had (I didn't specified it when installing). And now I see that the partition is encrypted. I've tried to mount it according to what I understood from System Encryption with eCryptfs article on wiki, but when this is what I've got:\

I've mounted this /home partition into /mnt/nowy (only the profile folder is encrypted.. i think)

# mount -t ecryptfs /mnt/nowy/mcmorn/.Private /mnt/2
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /mnt/nowy/mcmorn/.Private, missing codepage or helper program, or other error (for several filesystems (e.g. nfs, cifs) you might need a /sbin/mount.<type> helper program)
In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try dmesg | tail or so

I was hoping to see some questions about a passphrase (which i HOPE is the one I used as  a profile password, because I haven't been asked about creating any other ones). What should/could I do?

Board footer