You are not logged in.

#1 2011-07-13 08:03:21

Website

Cant build nethack-qt

Hi, first off I wanna start saying that I went trough this https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=722718 and didnt work for me, or maybe I didnt get it right.

I cant get nethack-qt to work on my arch laptop with gnome3, I get the following error:

/usr/include/string.h:476:1: error: redefinition of ‘char* strchr(char*, int)’
/usr/include/string.h:222:1: error: ‘char* strchr(char*, int)’ previously defined here
/usr/include/string.h: In function ‘const char* strchr(const char*, int)’:
/usr/include/string.h:482:1: error: redefinition of ‘const char* strchr(const char*, int)’
/usr/include/string.h:228:1: error: ‘const char* strchr(const char*, int)’ previously defined here
/usr/include/string.h: In function ‘char* strrchr(char*, int)’:
/usr/include/string.h:504:1: error: redefinition of ‘char* strrchr(char*, int)’
/usr/include/string.h:249:1: error: ‘char* strrchr(char*, int)’ previously defined here
/usr/include/string.h: In function ‘const char* strrchr(const char*, int)’:
/usr/include/string.h:510:1: error: redefinition of ‘const char* strrchr(const char*, int)’
/usr/include/string.h:255:1: error: ‘const char* strrchr(const char*, int)’ previously defined here
../win/Qt/qt_win.cpp: At global scope:
../win/Qt/qt_win.cpp:4443:13: warning: anonymous type with no linkage used to declare variable ‘<anonymous struct> key_macro []’ with linkage [enabled by default]
make[1]: *** [qt_win.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/yaourt-tmp-x1r1/aur-nethack-qt/src/nethack-3.4.3/src'
make: *** [nethack-qt] Error 2
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
    Aborting...
==> ERROR: Makepkg was unable to build nethack-qt.

I have no idea where to start debugging this, also I would like to contact the author to see if I can update the package big_smile seems like it needs some love

cheers and thanks for the help

Linux user #498977
With microsoft you get windows and gates, with linux you get the whole house!
My Blog about ArchLinux and other stuff

#2 2011-07-13 18:58:35

cesura
Package Maintainer (PM)

Re: Cant build nethack-qt

You stated that you can't get it to build on your Arch laptop; does this imply that you have built on some other machine? smile

Contacting the author is the best choice in this situation, imho. Until you get a response, you can either try and debug it yourself, or sit back and look at some lolcats.

Board footer